I needs ammo!

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by kymike, Apr 21, 2013.

1. kymike

kymike New Member

Anyone have an idea how long this shortage is going to last? I cant find any ammo online or in stores. Does anyone know if supplies for reloading (brass, bullet, powder) in shortage too?

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Don't know where your at but plenty to be had here local- (except 22 rimfire)

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I'm starting to see more ammo in stores around my part of Ky. I've not thad to buy any just yet as I was ready for the crazy. What exactly are you looking go kymike? Have you looked ni any of the Facebook tader groups? I watch several around Ky. If you do FB try a search for (enter state name here) gun trader.

4. bigjim

bigjim New Member

Last time it was about Aug 2009 before things started to get back to normal. I would expect this time to be about the same.

Yes, reloading supplies are in short supply just like last time, but a little more so since there are many more reloaders now.

Jim

5. kymike

kymike New Member

I live in northern ky.

6. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I have decent luck stopping at walmart at about 11:00 pm, they usually get a truck in at night. I live in N Ky also.

It's normally not much, but you can only buy 3 boxes anyway. I've noticed 7.62x39 and 223 is starting to catch up, it still sells out fast but they are getting it in larger quantities now.

I was pretty good on 9mm before the panic but now I'm getting low, still can't find it much.

7. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

The shartage is very very slowly coming down already..
    My guess is by the end of the year we'll be back to normal.

Then I'll buy a coupke of extra cases..
    Of course everyone thinks the same thing so that might extend the shortage by another 3 months:p

8. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Yeah, I'm thinking about 10 Pmags and 1000 more rounds each for my primary guns and another 250 rounds for every other gun:rolleyes:

Don't see that happening for about a year, but next time there is a shortage, I won't even notice.:cool:

Might just buy an AK too, just in case I ever decide I want one:p

9. kymike

kymike New Member

Yeah ill never be out again that's for sure.

10. bowhunter17

bowhunter17 New Member

The only .22 that my LGS have is 2 boxes of .22 birdshot that no one will buy.

11. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

I decided to get back into shooting at a bad time. Though I have had no problem finding ammo for my long guns (except .22).....my handguns have been a challenge...most places in my area are spotty even still..I have found one location that has been able to get a good supply of range ammo. Sd ammo has never stopped being available. (again except .22)

12. rangerXLT91_05

rangerXLT91_05 New Member

I don't know how long this will last but hopefully it won't be much longer, it's just ridiculous. I did however get very lucky last night, walked in as walmart was stocking their ammo. They received a bunch of tulammo 500 round canisters of .223's for $154, and yes it was possible to buy 3. I bought 2 canisters, I figure that should last me well long enough to let this ammo craze blow over. I just got lucky, my dad managed to get some and so did a friend, it didn't last long at all.

I REFUSE to buy at these ridiculous skyrocketing prices, and walmart refuses to charge those prices. I always keep an eye on what they get, just know when their stock days are, it's every Sunday here.

13. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

My Walmart just does not get the supply...check it daily also

14. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Albuquerque is becoming a dry zone for ammo.

My local Wal-Mart has some 300, 7mm and 270 ammo; however, everything is on zero. Very small amounts of 20 gauge and few 12 gauge. The other Wal-Mart is worst off.

I can some ammo at LGS, price is at or near the same.

Word I am getting locally, it will be awhile before it gets back to normal.