I need to apologize

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DarinCraft, Feb 21, 2010.

1. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

If I have been an a$$ today I'm sorry.

Yesterday my wife took the day off and we decided to drive up to the mountains and check out the snowfall near us. We spent the whole day up there and had a wonderful day. You know one of those days that is so perfect it renews your marriage.

When we were driving back and got in cell range my wife gets a voicemail. She asks me rhetorically why her boss would be calling her. She calls her work and asks for her boss. About ten seconds of silence makes me look over at my wife who is sheet white and crying. As it turns out her company is closing two offices in three months and she will be out of a job. Along with her job goes the benifits, not to mention the money we need. When I got retired three years ago I took a huge paycut (over $1k a month), which made us rely on her income. Now we are in limbo. She has three months to find another job and I have to cancel my plans of going back to school so I can get another job. We'll make it I know that, but it still screws with your attitude

I have been trying to shrug it off, but looking back at some of my posts I have not been doing that too well. So sorry again.

2. Car54

Car54 New Member

Nothing wrong with your posts that I see. That's tough having the income, living as things are okay and then the rug is pulled from beneath your feet. I was doing fine with 1 1/2 pensions and a full time gig with bene's until last mid Nov. when I got slammed. We were spending money because we had it and suddenly it wasn't there. Unfortunately Christmas came up and the bills that show up just after the first of the year and I'm already $7k from my savings in 2 1/2 months, and my daughter lost her dental and medical insurance.

Good luck to you and your wife, things will work out even if it takes a while.

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

You are good, bro. Unless you put something out there I did not see, you're cool by me.

Hey, look to the positive. Maybe she can get one of the 3mil+ jobs promised by BO in his first year. :mad:

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Darin, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You're a good guy, and good things happen to good people.

5. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

I hope that everything works out for you guys. That is hard to deal with when stuff like that happens. Just stay strong and you guys will make it through:)

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

1. You are not alone

2. This too, shall pass

3. When one door closes, another opens

While none of those sayings fills the fridge, they may lift your spirit. You are both in my prayers.

7. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Darin, CA

Both of you, and your families, are in our prayers. We know what you are going through. We are just coming out the back side of a similar situation. Eventually the light at the end of the tunnel will actually be the sun and not a train. ;)

8. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Hope things pick up for you soon

Hang in there Bro.

9. Desperado-OPs

Desperado-OPs New Member

Wow, sorry to hear about the hardship. Who knows, may be your wife will find a better paying job that she likes better. Things always have a way of working themselves out.

10. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

I hate that this keeps happening to decent people. My parents owned a house by the beach in Huntington Beach, CA.. They were making great money with only 5yrs left on the mortgage and BOTH lost their jobs in the past 2 years. Best of luck to you, keep your head up!

11. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Time to open that bubsiness you've always wanted, what with the economy doing so well!! :D

OK, I know that was a cold shot, I'm sorry.

I hope everything works out for you two!

12. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Thank you all for the well wishes. I know we will make it through, we have saved enough money, but it still messes with your outlook.

13. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

Your bio says Central Valley, CA. Is that anywhere near Mendota, CA. There is a brand new Federal Prison opening there that is currently hiring for multiple jobs. USAJOBS-Mendota

It pays better than average, and the federal employee health care and other benefits are only surpassed by the military and Congress.

14. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

We went through a situation similar to yours last month. Things started to turn around even before the wife stopped crying. Ya'll sound like the kind of people that'll make it work out. You never know. . . it could be a blessing in disguise. Good luck.

15. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Hey Darin, if you want to take a break, come on up to Sacramento and we'll hit the range and grab a burger. :cool:

16. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I still must have missed the pi$$y posts, everything seemed reasonable to me.

Hang in there, I think we're on the cusp of a big turnaround in this country, especially in the arena of employment.

And get out of Cali.;)

17. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Guys thanks for the wishes. It really does help to know that others have gone through this and all have made it. It is also a great boost to know that others have faith it will work out.

Michigan, I can't thank you enough for that info, you probably just changed my life and the life of some of my family who need jobs. Thank you.

Diggs, I'm glad it all worked out and I hope we have the same fortune as you.

CA357, I appreciate the invite and will take you up on that.

Benning, LOL maybe I was reading my mood into my statements, but hey I would rather admit it and move on without worrying. I don't want to move out of CA, I love it here. The women here are beautiful, the weather is great and if we ever get that earthquake I keep getting told about, I'll have beachfront property:D

18. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

DC, I did not notice anything "off" in your posts. I trust that you and your wife will be OK.

Stay strong, and keep breathing.

19. orangello

orangello New Member

It will work out, but it will probably happen faster if you & she make it work out. Get her to start making contact with her customers and suppliers (or similar type people/positions) she knows through her current job to shake their trees & see if any of them know of any positions she could go for. She might be surprised who remembers & values & needs her or someone like her. Best of luck!

On the flip side, this might be a good time for some inexpensive camping/sight-seeing trips that you may have been putting off due to work.

That is lemonade right there! :D

20. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

You are very welcome. There will be more, and different jobs available later on, they havent post an announcement for Correctional Officers yet. The ony disclaimer is that every position in the prison is considered law enforcement, so you must be under the age of 37 unless you have military service. Hopefully you, or your wife, or other family can join my Bureau of Prisons family. It is a crappy job dealing with inmates, but.... Its pretty much an easy job 95% of the time, unless you get stuck in the middle of a riot like I was. Even though I am against a big G, there will always be job security. One perk is that as a LEO you get to conceal carry in any city and any state without out a permit.

Darin- keep me informed on your progress with getting hired. Unfortunately I dont have any pull to get you hired, but I might be able to give some advice on the process. Best wishes