I need reviews of the cold steel recon 1

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by JMAtactical, Jun 28, 2013.

1. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Anyone out there have or know anyone who has owned or does own a CS Recon 1? I am thinking of buying one for EDC and I have read many reviews on amazon. Those guys review a knife right after they buy it. I want to know how it holds up over time

2. mdauben

mdauben New Member

I don't have a Recon 1 but I have several other CS knives. While they are not in the same class as a good custom, I find CS makes solid, good quality knives that are generally well worth their price.

3. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I have one. Holds an edge like a diamond. Super strong and a great balance. It's not a custom but you cannot beat the price.

4. rjleal

rjleal New Member

I had the half serrated tanto for three years (might have been four). I loved it. Keeps an edge quite well and takes abuse like a sponge. I would still have it if not for a friend losing it :(
    I'll get another one at some point.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

No review needed, it is a cold steel.
    If you can afford it, buy it.

6. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

It will be my next knife I buy. I decided to go with the SOG flash 2

7. readygirl

readygirl New Member

I have this Cold Steel hunter, It has been to hell and back. Belonged to my Dad, and both my Brothers before i got it. I dont know what it cost, but is a quality made in USA knife. Holds a razor edge, and thick enough to pound into/split firewood.

Attached Files:

8. JCANNON

JCANNON New Member

I currently have the recon 1 combo edge 4"blade. Awesome awesome knife. It locks very strong and is sharp.I recommend buying it from Wal-Mart online because they are greatly price reduced (as is most of the other knives)...wife bought it for me for about $60