I NEED IT- 22 Gatling Gun

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by BullMoose429, Sep 20, 2020.

1. BullMoose429

BullMoose429 Well-Known Member Supporter

Back in the day- someone made a full auto 22 Lr scaled down 1919

Rifling82 likes this.
  2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

It’ll set BALOTA back 60K. :p

I once shot a full auto tommy gun with Hunter Joe who used to be in this forum. I was a newbie. He worked at a gun store/range. We lived about 1.5 hours from each other. He invited me to come meet him at the range he worked at before his shift. We shift everything from a .22 to the tommy gun. What a wonderful experience. But it gets a bit pricey throwing .45 down the range that quick. I’m sure that was a once in a lifetime experience for me.

3. aarondhgraham

aarondhgraham Well-Known Member

When I was a little kid back in the mid 50's,,,
    My grandfather took me to the Gettysburg battlefield.

They had a Gatlin' gun set up there,,,
    For a fee you could crank off a 25 round stick.

Papa sprung for me to do it,,,
    I think they were blanks but I didn't care,,,
    My adrenaline was up high for a week after that.

Aarond

BullMoose429 and Rifling82 like this.
  4. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

I once did that with a buddy who was visiting from another country. Pulled out everything, and enough ammo. And we spent hours going through the ones he most wanted to try out. Cost a small fortune, but it was a good day.

Can't imagine tossing hundreds or thousands of rounds downrange with a Gatling gun, in terms of cost.

Say, WoC -- How does that work? You get a .45-70 Gatling gun, and Balota coughs up $60K. Nice work, if you can get it. :p Of course, the ammo'd be coming out of your side of the wallet, I'm sure.

winds-of-change and Rifling82 like this.