I need help finding out what gun this is!?!

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by miami3heat09, Nov 9, 2011.

  1. DrumJunkie

    DrumJunkie New Member

    Looks to be some cut down trouble maker to me. Is the rear of the stock removed and reformed as well? It appears like that to me. Barrel as well. I don't know that I'd want that thing around it was me.

  2. Axxe55

    Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

    i'm no expert, but it sure looks illegal to me. if so i would run as fast and far from it as possible!
  3. BillM

    BillM Active Member Supporter

    Is the bolt handle actually on the left side?

    What it is: Cut down 22 bolt action rifle. Looks like the barrel is
    maybe 10"? And the overall length around 18"? Anything under 16" barrel
    AND 26" overall length is a no-no under the National Firearms Act of 1934,
    unless it's registered as a SBR (short barreled rifle).

    What it's worth: $250,000 fine and 10 years in federal prison.

    Contact ATF and turn it in, destroy it, RUN.
  4. ScottA

    ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

    By the way, I don't mean to sound conspiratorial, but there is a very high likelihood that ATF types monitor these forums. That's the kind of weapon they would love to make an example of. I would march it down to a local LEO as soon as possible and get it out of your hair.
  5. donthav1

    donthav1 Well-Known Member

    well the pic is gone now but there were a few makers that made bolt action .22 pistols, one or two makers even had the bolt on the left side.

    without seeing the pic i can't be sure what you had, is there any markings on it?
  6. c3shooter

    c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

    As explained- you have what is legally called a Short Barreled Rifle. A firearm made from a rifle. Possession of one (barrel less than 16 inches, or overall legnth less than 26 inches) is a serious Federal crime unless the gun has been registered with the BATFE and the $200 tax paid on it- BEFORE possessing it.

    If you are in the US, it would be prudent to contact the ATF (they are on the first page of the phone book) let them know you found it, and want to surrender it.

    You do NOT want to get caught with it. Trust me on that.