I need help finding a barrel!

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Tidalforce79, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Tidalforce79

Tidalforce79 New Member

I need to replace the barrel on my Colt Argentine 1911, mod. 27......this gun is an actual colt(serial number is between 1 and 10000).....what barrel will work with this gun? because its somewhat of a collectors item, I don't want to have very much work done to it to get a barrel in.......but I want to fire the damn thing! hahaha

2. Tidalforce79

Tidalforce79 New Member

Seriously? Noone here knows this? : )

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

you could prolly get one from colt if its a milspec gun. barrels will sometimes need fitting by a gunsmith.

4. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

The barrels re usually marked with numbers that match the frame under the MSH and the slide under the firing pin stop.

I probably have a few systema barrels and some prewar commercial barrels.

5. Drrhein

Drrhein New Member

Geezzz, Midway USA has gobs of barrels and a google search turns up literally thousands of hits, you should be able to find a reasonably priced one in 10 minutes.

6. Tidalforce79

Tidalforce79 New Member

Ok, I'll check there, thanks........thing is, I DID look for a long while lol and also, I actually called Colt and they said they didn't have anything that would fit.......thats why I posted here : )

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

reason i suggested colt is the pistol you have was made under license from colt. any milspec barrel should fit your gun with no to minor fitting.

8. Tidalforce79

Tidalforce79 New Member

Yeah, I was very surprised when the Colt guy said they didn't have anything. Consequently, the gun smith said it wasn't the barrel.....instead its the sights, which are off even when they are "aligned"......so, he pushed them to the right, and now I need to go to the range and shoot it.....then, Ill take it back and from the numbers, he will fix it right(note: the whole deal will cost me only 25 bucks).............bad news though, its snowing like HELL here, and getting to the range may be rather difficult for a while......so...........more waiting.

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have an original GI .45 1911 barrel still sealed in the plastic wrap that I will let go for $50 + shipping ($5) in the US 48.