I need convincing.

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Shihan, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I just can't seem to like the XD. I try and try.
    I don't know what it is.:confused:
    I am going to rent one next range visit and shoot one.
    I have held one and tried some dry firing, it didn't feel as good as the M&P.
    I just find them to be on the ugly side.

Convince me, why I need to look deeper and be a convert to the XD craze.
    Let's see what you all have. Sort of like a beauty contest. Convert me.:D

2. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Have you tried the XDm? It's basically an XD only sexier ;).

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I can't help. My local gunsmith/FFL has a few that he bought a while ago. I can get an XD9c from him for $400. and that's a great price, but I just can't warm up to it.

4. Shihan

Lipstick on a pig.;)

5. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Does seeing it with other beautiful items help?

[​IMG]

6. Shihan

What model is that Glock?:eek:

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Sorry, can't help you with that. :eek: But of it's dead sexy looks and awesome reliability you are looking for in some tupperware, why not look at this,

;)

Attached Files:

8. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

The XDm to me is like combining a 1911 with a Glock. It's good looking, has the grip saftey, and functions great without excessive bulk.

9. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

mine fits very nice in my hand. its weight and grip are a good balance. i like its grip safety and the trigger is much better than my new sr9c. and takedown is so easy. makes for a quick cleaning job

Attached Files:

10. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Take down is so simple that a blind monkey with one arm could do it.

But if you can't get into them, then so be it. What can we expect from a Sigma lover anyway?

11. orangello

orangello New Member

I don't guess "looks" was on the top of my list when i bought my XD45. I wanted reliability, comfort, and decent trigger feel in .45ACP. I got all that and am happy with it. I wouldn't feel comfortable tossing a $1000 1911 in the back seat or trunk of my car for a camping trip or disc golf outing; i'm fine with that for my XD45.

I must admit i'm not one to make it out to the range as often as i should, so the 13+1 capacity gives me comfort with its extra chances.

What seems odd to me is that every time i go shooting with friends, they all seem to want to try the XD45. Maybe it's like those little dogs that are sooo ugly it turns into "cute".

12. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I prefer to buy American when I can. I have thought about the XD, but it is made in Croatia. Exactly where is that? Is it part of the former Yugoslavia? Are they the ones that got the "ethnic cleansing" or the ones doing the cleansing? I am not even sure anymore. For me the M&P is probably in my future, but the FN .45 looks and feels pretty good even if it is not striker fired.

13. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

man i love my glock....no regrets here.

14. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

The reason you don't like it is because it isn't a Glock. Take it to the gun store, get whatever in trade you cane get. Even if it's 25.00 and put it towards the world's most perfect handgun. A Glock. Me, i have a G32 in .357 sig and a G36 in .45 acp....no regrets here.

15. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Look Out! The Glock fans are trolling the XD forum! :eek:

16. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

I dunno.. I have an XD 40 which I enjoy shooting but the XDM just reminds me of:

[​IMG]

No taking anything away from it.. The XDM shoots well but the looks just don't appeal to me.

17. knfxda

knfxda New Member

As a proud new owner (read: biased) of an XD(M) let me weigh in. :cool:

To me the XD(M) feels very different (better) than the XD. It's purely a subjective thing but it was the hands down winner in ergonomics (for me) over the GLOCK, the M&P, and the XD.

If you can't shoot it, pick it up and handle it. I can't imagine that you wouldn't notice the difference. But then again, everyone's grip is different, so what feels perfect to me, might feel "off" for you.

18. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I've been quite happy with the XD line. But if they turn you off, so what? Buy the one you like.

I don't like the looks and feel of many Berettas and HKs. Great guns for sure, they'll just never be high priorities for my personal collection. M&P, Glock, XD, and FNP (among others) are on pretty equal footing with regard to cost, quality, and reliability. Fit and features will vary from one model to the next. Choose those that appeal to you and don't bother looking back.

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Go with what you like. I had two or three xd's, but not anymore. They are great guns and I still like them, but I like the M&P's better. AND they are made in the USA!

Attached Files:

20. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Why isn't okay just to not like them?