I need a purse!

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by JW357, Jul 16, 2013.

1. JW357

JW357 New Member

I wanna possibly get my wife a concealed carry purse for her full sized S&W M&P9 for Christmas. Ladies, what do you recommend? What should I stay clear of?

I have no idea what to think of when buying a purse. What other questions should I be asking?

I need help!

2. thatonespot

thatonespot New Member

Im no lady, not much of a gentleman either....but i wouldn't suggest a purse for CC. If the perp is a purse snatcher he just ran off with your gun.
    For that gun, a relativly large CC gun, i would reccommend simply OWB carry.

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

I understand. And I agree with you.

It doesn't really help me though. Some women cannot carry on their person and therefore must have a purse or something similar. Especially given the size of her gun.

4. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

If your wife is dead set on carrying in her purse, I recommend the type with a steel cable concealed in the strap.

I'm not recommending this site specifically, but a purse or handbag much like they make.

www.corporatetravelsafety.com

5. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

BTW, JW357 if you need a pair of size 12W heels to match "her" purse, PM me and I'll give you a good site to check for those!;)

6. JW357

JW357 New Member

Thanks for the tip. I'll see what I can find.

7. JW357

JW357 New Member

Oh.my.god. Thanks soooo much for the site! I've been looking forever! I'm gonna be fabuuuulouuus

-_-

8. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

I was completely set on a purse for CC. Then I REALLY thought about it. you have to unzip/open the pistol compartment, get the weapon out, load a round, take off safety, THEN you are ready to go. Seemed like alot of work. Or purse snatchers are always an issue too. Why not get her a smaller carry gun for CC? Lots of on-body options! A good conceal carry purse is going to set you back about 200.00. And I can tell you that a purse is a very personal choice, my husband may say "what about this one honey?" and I think it is hideous. LOL

Just a few opinions from this girl ;) I OC in a pink camo holster Beretta 9mm sub compact w/17 round mags.

9. JW357

JW357 New Member

Or in my wife's case, unzip and take the gun out and fire.

I think they make flaps that you don't unzip tho right?

I pretty much agree tho. I don't like the idea of it either. I'll prolly try to talk her into getting a smaller pistol with a holster. But if that doesn't work I need to know what kinda bag to get her...

Or a different present....

10. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

Hubby and I did quite a bit of searching. Everything we saw had snaps or a zipper. We were thinking of just buying a normal purse I liked and then sewing magnetic strips or something into the purse ourselves for the pistol compartment.

Perhaps find a company with a good selection and give her a gift card? :D

These are reasonably priced and I have seen the products in LGS, nice purses, well made!

https://www.guntotenmamas.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?display=home

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I agree with The Queen. I would never carry in a purse.

But if she insists, there are several nice looking purses on this site made to carry a gun. But no bad guy is going to wait while you pull a gun out of your purse. All the debates on one in the chamber or not and how that second or two can cost you your life, I don't think I'd be carrying in a purse.

http://www.google.com/#q=concealed+...k6XjhM.O&fp=c2636f1f003e717a&biw=1280&bih=703

12. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

We have also been looking for something for My Better Half(Mz. Green). Currently All her bags are large enough to fit either of her Ruger's (SP101 or LCR .38+P). We're also headed shopping in the next few days for "His & Hers" BUG's...(Either Walther PPK or Hungarian Walther copy(FEG)...We have 2 large dealers with Loads of LE trade in inventories about a Hours' drive from us..
    Two Magazines I read have loads of ads for gear for lady shooters: Western Shooting Journal & Combat Handguns.
    One site I see listed a lot is www.thewellarmedwoman.com

What we did in the meantime is get her the same Blackhawk Pocket Holster(except for her guns) I have, and put it in an inside pocket of her purse. Right now she rotates 3 or 4 bags(gee I have 3 "man purses" and I only use one on a regular basis!)
    When we ride(her bike or my Trike) she will carry her's in a sport bag but I "switch" Guns from My Ruger LC9-EDC to one of my revolvers in an Open carry Belt or cross draw shoulder rig(an Old Lawman Leather rig from the 70's), either my Colt Python 6", My Dan Wesson 41 Mag. with one of my shorter barrels(it came with 6 different ones) or once in a blue moon my old CC piece,..my Colt Combat Commander.

I am Also helping Three of mine & my wife's "Older Lady friends" with getting them secured. Two of the three sadly are dyed in the wool liberals, but once you get into a "situation" you realize what us Conservatives & Centrists(i'm in the second group) have known for ever: You have to be prepared to defend yourself!

Two of these women are in their late 60's, One a stroke victim and the second a 2x Cancer survivor, and the 3rd a business owner in her late 70's(she owns the grooming Place we take GATOR to). You also have to account for reloading Gd forbid it's not simple crime you encounter. My Wife and I discuss this every so often(different possible situations). We also have an emergency mobile strong box that goes in the Escape with 1 extra Gun Each(usually our 20 Ga. Mossberg SA-20 & our Kel Tec RMR-30 .22Mag. Carbine) plus extra handgun ammo (.38+P & .9MM)....these are all things I make Folks think about when they ask my advice on the subject.

13. JW357

JW357 New Member

Thanks, Dr., I appreciate everything. I think my wife's current gun is a bit bigger than your wife's pieces, but I'll keep your advice in mind.

Thanks to everyone, as well.

14. antikythera

antikythera New Member

there is a line of purses that are made specifically to conceal carry. they have a separate compartment in the back that secures the weapon in place. i agree it is generally NOT a good idea to conceal carry in a purse as its usually loose and willy nilly. i wish i could remember the name of the company. they had nice leather purses..... if i find it i will post the link.

15. LongBarrelTac

LongBarrelTac New Member

My mom did something interesting which was to sew in Velcro straps into a purse lining to keep a small concealed hand gun strapped in tight, but if she gripped it and pulled the Velcro would pull part allowing easy safe access.

16. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

http://www.google.com/#q=concealed+carry+purses+for+women&source=univ&tb m=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=UcLlUe78O_OFyQHVzYGYDA&ved=0C DoQsxg&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.49405654%2Cd.dmg%2 Cpv.xjs.s.en_US.QXiTEk6XjhM.O&fp=c2636f1f003e717a& biw=1280&bih=703

17. antikythera

antikythera New Member

now i remember! it was the bang bang boutique. i didnt know about concealed carrie. i will check them out.