I Need A New Series

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by user4, Jun 19, 2011.

1. user4

user4 New Member

I need something new to watch.

I've seen every episode of the following:

Dexter
    Weeds
    United States Of Tara
    Deadwood
    The Sopranos
    Carnivale
    John From Cincinnati
    True Blood
    The Unit
    The Glades
    Burn Notice
    Royal Pains
    Sons of Anarchy
    The League
    Archer
    The Walking Dead
    Supernatural
    The X Files
    Game of Thrones
    TUF
    Breakout Kings
    Prison Break
    Lost
    Battlestar Galactica
    Justified
    Flight of the Concords
    Bored to death
    Entourage
    Hung
    Boardwalk Empire
    Eastbound& Down
    Masters of horror
    Brotherhood
    Californication
    Dead like Me
    Sleeper Cell
    Rome
    Farscape
    Modern Family
    My Name Is Earl
    Raising Hope
    Bob's Burgers
    Warehouse 13
    Firefly
    Ally McBeal
    House
    Oz
    Gangland
    The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Not interested in CSI or Law in Order. I don't have a vagina.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

1) CSI, the original series in Vegas was ground breaking. So suck it.

2) The Wire - 5 Seasons of EXCELLENCE!! That will keep you busy for a bit.

3) The Killing. We are in the same boat as you and have been TRYING to find anything to hold our attention until the new shows come out. This show has clever writing, it's an AMC written piece, and it takes a bit to get going. But, it's still captivating us about 10 episodes into the first season. It's still up in the air as if it will result in a winner, but it's definitely got that little something in each episode to make you want to watch the next one.

How was Game of Thrones? I watched one episode and it seemed good, but it's not the woman's speed, so I would have to watch it on the iPad or something.

3. user4

user4 New Member

I have the Killing downloaded, but the first ep was slow and I turned it off. Worth a chance?

I wondered about the Wire. Thanks.

Do you rub your vag when watching CSI?

Game of thrones is a bit better than I expected. I expected a real abortion of cinema. I liked it just enough to keep watching. One bad episode woulda lost it for me.

4. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Spartacus the first season was pretty epic.

5. user4

user4 New Member

Saw one ep and it seemed like a cheap knock off to me. That reminds me, i need to add Rome to the list of shows I've seen.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

1) - Your answer about the Game of Thrones is where I am at with The Killing. It's rated high on Netflix, which is why we started watching. Every episode has like one or two things that make you go "nice tie into the last episode, I like what they did there" and makes you want to watch the next one.

2) I loved The Wire. I ended up buying the 5 season DVD set. With your beliefs, the characters of McNulty and Omar are going to be difficult to accept at first, but those two MAKE the show in my opinion. The show is easy to get lost in, but definitely not for Young Connor.

3) No, but your cousin didn't mind if I rubbed hers while we watched. She's dark, what can I say? :eek: After the first season it kind of went downhill, but one episode will be epic in our circle. I have a friend named "Keith Kassen" and in one episode, I think it's like season 3 or 4 of Vegas, the Mindhunter guy, the guy in charge, looks at some blood results and says "This is the blood of Keith Casson" and the camera zooms in on the name. Pretty cool.

4) I saw one episode, and it has the gal who played on Sarah Connor and I have a crush on her, so I wanted to give it a try. The one episode I watched was well acted and bloody, but it didn't really make me seek out the next episode on PPV and I was in Houston at the time. :eek:

Have you tried Breaking Bad? It's an AMC show and we keep getting it rammed down our throats by both Netflix and Amazon as something "we would like".

7. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

WEEDS...SONS of ANARCHY...DEADWOOD...ALL GREAT....Seems you seen about everything...Law & Order :special victims unit...Without a Trace...Someone told me the guy in Law & Order :Criminal Intent ..Vincent D'Onofrio was Pile in Full Metal Jacket....I never put that together till they told me.....You can try Jerry Springer...Just kidding...........

8. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Check out BBC Ones Luther.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmy62bTeakg]YouTube - ‪Luther - New Series Trailer - BBC One‬‏[/ame]

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Lets see

Eureka Hulu has old episodes.
    Warehouse 13
    Alphas (New this summer)
    Wilfred (Aussie version at Watch Wilfred Season 1 Full Episodes Online - IFC.com)
    If you want to go old school and have netflix go for
    Babylon 5

Also
    The Big C is a good show maybe a little chick flicky but still a great show. It's on HBO.

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That guy Luther plays a crimelord in the first three seasons of The Wire.

Just sayin'. :cool:

JD

11. user4

user4 New Member

I didn't see anything in it. You like?

My cousin is a whore. Since the sex change he can't keep his pants on.

12. user4

user4 New Member

Trying to stay away from the chick type ones. I forgot Warehouse 13. Great show. I tried Eureka after the two did a cross over, but couldn't stay glued to it. I also tried Babylon 5, but the Trekkie friend of mine ruined most of it by yapping. Wilfred is already done? I'll check that one out for sure.

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

We haven't tried it either. We are not so sure when we watch the previews, but it keeps popping up and it's rated really well.

Jack/Jaqueline? Yeah, you're right. Total whore. S/he stops by from time to time to check in, borrow money.

I was talking about Amy. Hey, so what if she became a Nun, that wasn't my fault. :eek:

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Wilfred the Aussie version is done. Wilfred the US version hasn't started yet.

15. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Falling Skies starts tonight. Aliens invade, Noah Wylie leads the resistance. At least that's what I get out of the previews.

Jerhico, if you have not seen it is a really good series IMO. It's only 2 seasons plus a special but worth watching.

16. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Archer is for you. Maybe the most intelligent show on television.

17. user4

user4 New Member

Jericho! Good call. Saw two eps and it fell off the radar. Will check out falling skies. Downloading both as we speak.

Check the list. Love the show. What the sh*t!

18. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Here are some suggestions I didn't see on your list. Forgive me if anyone has already listed any of them.

Better Off Ted
    Bones
    Castle
    Chuck
    Doctor Who
    How I Met Your Mother
    Human Target
    Leverage
    Psych
    Rule Of Engagement
    The Big Bang Theory
    The IT Crowd
    Top Gear
    White Collar

19. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Does it get better? Because we watched two total episodes from season 1 and hate it. What gives?? :confused::confused:

20. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Better off Ted, Loved it. sucks it was cancelled

Chuck and Psych, good for the first few seasons, now they just seem to be the same damn show every time.

Top Gear, maybe the best show on TV, Top Gear US, an ok show.

White Collar, I like this show a ton and second the recommendation.