I need a lawyer!!! Just got my denied foid letter.

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by ak47usa, Aug 10, 2012.

1. ak47usa

ak47usa New Member

I live in Illinois just got my letter after waiting 3 in half months saying that there is a burglary offence from April 28 2004 which is false. I need help Im trying to go hunting with my grandfather for one of the last times before he passes and or able. Please any information is greatly appreciated, you can contact me at cloverlandscaping @ yahoo my name is Bob and thank you so much for your time and help.

2. bkt

bkt New Member

If I were you, I'd find an attorney who knows state and local gun laws well and ask him or her how you can address the incorrect burglary claim and get your FOID card processing expedited.

3. Rarity

Rarity New Member

It looks like you have a serious catch on your hands. If you could contact a lawyer, like bkt said, you'll be one tread closer to finding out the real deal that is behind this.

4. 1911love

1911love New Member

Zoey, as usual you have a point. FOID's are BS! Why should you have to have an ID card for a right? Zoey, I and my girlfriend especially enjoy a woman's point of view bc it is so rare that it comes about. Please keep it coming.

PS: ak leave that foreign country "called" Illinois!

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

If it is false, get it cleared from your "record".

Those kind of things have a habit of following you to other states.

Retain any documentation you get on this matter.

(Is this a case of being "guilty" before being judged?)

6. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Is this a case of being "guilty" before being judged?

Pretty much how it works these days.

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

contact the NRA and ask them for a recommendation for legal counsel in your area.

as mentioned - document everything ... including recording phone calls! Good luck and please keep us posted :)

8. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

We realize FOID's are BS, but it is OUR reality for the time being and we must play the hand we are dealt. Just up leaving is not always an option for us, there are things like jobs, family, school etc that we have to deal with. If I could sell my house and move I would but that is not in the cards right now. How about those of us that live in IL and those you that support freedom work to change the way things are here?

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You may want to check your credit scores and history. I've seen this before its often a case of stolen identity and you may have to prove it wasn't you. Good luck with your venture.

10. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I have a friend who was turned down when purchasing a firearm at one of the local gun shows. Told him he had to go to his local precinct to get his name cleared, meanwhile he was carrying his ccw permit he had just gotten. That he did and in a matter of small time it was cleared up (I think) with state.

11. ak47usa

ak47usa New Member

Thank you all for the info but I'm looking for a lawyer.

12. ak47usa

ak47usa New Member

I will thank you very much

13. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

14. ak47usa

ak47usa New Member

I live in du page

15. dfergus8

dfergus8 New Member

Gtfo of illinois. Nothing good comes out of illinois. 0vomit for example. The economy is good in Texas.

16. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Well, Damn, unfortunately it doesn't look like dupage county makes court records viewable online, like Champaign County Circuit Clerk does...

http://www.dupageco.org/CourtClerk/3018/

I was going to suggest searching for yourself in the DuPage county circuit clerk...you can click the above link though and still go in there during regular business hours and do your own search.

You might also start by gettng an official background check on yourself from the FBI...

Here's a good starting point.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/

If you can find the error and get it fixed yourself, then you can avoid paying an attorney to do it for you. If, however, you find out that there is no burglary charge on your record, my first step would be to contact the Illinois State Police directly 217-782-7980 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. CST Monday through Friday, explain to them what's going on,t hat you have a copy of your criminal record for the FBI (or a lack of one, ideally) and see how things go from there.

Might still require an attorney, but I'm always for doing things on my own as much as I can, I've settled more than one case on my own behalf...successfully sued an old employer of my wife for back pay at her job (he refused to pay her when she turned in her resignation, and he tried to claim his employment contract said he could) well, we won that one pretty easily, despite his pompous *** of a lawyer making a fool of his client in the court room.

Though a lawyer isn't always obsolete, you still can handle most of your own legal representation yourself...it just requires a lot of preparation, dedication, and research...but it pays off in the end...sort of like replacing your own fuel pump or alternator.

This isn't legal advice, just my opinion on what I would do if I were in your shoes...

If it were that easy, I'd leave in a heart beat. You find me a job in Texas that pays near what I make here, with the promise of job security that I have here, and I'm gone.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  17. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

AK,

I agree with the rest! Contact the NRA first regarding your situation. The Illinois FOID card issue is in fact a bunch of BS. For those of you who are not aware of it. If an Illinois resident goes to a gun show for example. They have to show this BS Card before they are allowed to pick a weapon up and look at it! "Yes this is a fact!" Of course what should we expect out of a state that is responsible for Obama, Daley and Blagojevich! Doesn't take a mental giant to figure out it is "Corruption" And the poor Illinois citizens are subjected to this in every area including a FOID Card!
    All a part of the continual harassment by the anti gun folks.
    They have also been known to follow Illinois citizens to Indiana gun shows in an attempt to arrest them when the returned to Illinois with weapons.
    As the security guard in Illinois did someone needs to take them to task on the FOID card issue also. Chicago Politics at it's best! In Chicago and now in Washington as well! Hopefully not for long!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  18. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

We are getting pretty tired of people saying that. As PPC said, it's just no that easy. Could you just up and move from your state? Besides, last I checked Illinois was still part of the United States and we deserve the same rights as the rest of the country.

19. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

Google.

Illinois gun lawyer. There's a wealth of info.