I might need to move for a while?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by MOshooter, Sep 3, 2013.

1. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

I just purchased my second Colt 1911 in the past 2 weeks,Mrs. MOshooter handled the first purchase very well,not sure about how she will take this second one? :D lol

I just received the call from my ffl that my first pistol a NIB Colt Combat Commander xse has just arrived today,hoping I get to pick it up this afternoon or evening?
    At lunch I was scanning the pistols on GB?? When I ran across a a price on a NIB Colt Gold Cup Trophy I just couldn't walk away from? I hope my wife feels the same way?

I hope I don't lose my internet privileges for a while? lol
    I'm currently looking for a Colt Anonymous group,i'm sure I can plea temporary Colt insanity to Mrs. MOshooter? :D.....It's a sick disease!!

2. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

I can tell you from my personal, 42 years of experience that you may be skating torward the thin ice on the pond unless you get the Mrs. on board ahead of time.

My wife fell in love with shooting and so she's good (within limits) with them. While I have the liberty to buy what I want, I will never make it license to do so. My love for her is way, way to great.

FYI, the money street goes both ways... Just sayin' .:)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013

3. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

That's great advice john,I have introduced my wife to the shooting/hunting sport,I shoot them she field dresses them :D lol jkg.

Seriously I started taking my wife quail hunting with me before we were married 27 years ago and she really enjoys the 22 pistols and rifles,she's a great shot.

But I could be on thin ice with this last purchased,we did make it through the 2 Colt AR15s,1911,and a gun safe in one week back in 93' however. :)
    Yes i'm an optimist.

4. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Great!:D

5. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

I picked up my very first Colt,Colt Combat Commander and all I can say is Wow!
    I am in awe,the fit and finish is just amazing. When I finally dry fired the pistol,the trigger's incredible! I can't wait to get the 1911 cleaned and lubed for a range trip in the backyard.

Oh and Mrs. MOshooter's a great lady,but I knew that 27 years ago when I met her. I don't think i'll have to be moving after all. :D lol

6. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Congrats! Pics!

7. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Thanks kytowboater,

Pics will be soon,i hope to get it cleaned tonight and maybe do some shooting tomorrow evening.

Thanks again

8. kytowboater

Jealous I am lol enjoy it man!

9. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Thank you kytowboater, it only took 49 years to get a my first Colt 1911 :) lol

But it sure was worth the wait!

10. kytowboater

Dayum! Lol enjoy and remember, pics!

11. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

After further study I found on the end of the serial number the letter E,I believe for enhanced from the factory.
    I'm just wondering if all the xse line colt pistols serial numbers end with the letter E? The E for enhanced could be why this trigger feels so unbelievable!?
    I have read that the xse government models are coming out of the factory with national match barrels.

Seems like Colt's making a fine American made product.

12. kytowboater

Sounds like one for cane, who sadly hasn't been around.

13. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Hopefully cane will be back on soon..I've read a lot of his posts,lots of great information.

14. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Colt 1911 Combat Commander xse

Here she is,fresh out of the box.
    I should've of cleaned it up before the pics. ,but it's getting late tonight.

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

15. JW357

JW357 New Member

Nice lookin gun. Congrats again.

16. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Thanks JW

I sure hope I can sleep tonight?

17. JW357

JW357 New Member

You're welcome.

18. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

Congrats on the new family member.She's a great shooter I bought one back in April this year.Outside two fte's when she was brand new (still not sure it wasn't operator error)I've had 0 issues.

19. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Way to go. Love Colt's. You did good on buying 2 in one week. Range report please.

20. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Thank you SA,
    I've heard they're nice shooters,congrats on your April purchase. I'm actually getting ready to step out back and squeeze off few magazines for the first time.

Thank you sir,
    I wasn't sure if the ice was going to be thin around the house or not?,buying two? Thank God for good women :D

I will be reporting in soon
    Thanks again