I love my wife!!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by JonM, Sep 16, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

going shooting tomorrow and next week headed to texas and ill be gone on my birthday so the wife gave me my birthday present a little early. she said "you wont be here on your birthday and i want you to enjoy this tomorrow. i love you!!"

[​IMG]

she got me a gen2 magpul prs stock for my AR15.... but she made me pay for it at the gun store cuz she forgot to bring her purse. *sigh* cant have it all i guess :rolleyes:

2. Sloth88

Sloth88 New Member

Thst looks kick @ss, your a lucky man lol

3. RP4UJ

RP4UJ New Member

Wow, kick @ss indeed! After my S&W purchase 2 week ago, my girlfriend has issued a riot act on firearm purchases for the rest of the year.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

thats just wrong!! lol

5. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

leupold mark4 LRT M1 mildot 4.5-14x 30mm objective. the upper is a RRA national match A2. my best group so far with open sights on the A2 stock is 2.5inches 3 shots 300 yards. im hoping i can do well with it tomorrow in that configuration ive never been a great scoped rifle shooter

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

It's beautiful, Jon. I wish I could drive up and meet you tomorrow but I need to get some sleep.

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

The PRS is a great stock.

Run like hell it'll get 1000% worse if you get married. Next thing you know you'll either be cowering like a beaten dog, miserable or lying, going behind her back just to do what you enjoy.

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

Im going to take a look at their moe handguards and see if after removing the heat shield they will fit the free float tube on that rifle.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm not all about being a pushover for a gal, or being a chauvinist and sending her back to the kitchen, but dude, that **** needs to stop like right away. If you can't be you, or do the things you love, put her @55 to the curb.

I'll be married for 7 years this coming January and yes I've made some lifestyle changes, like getting help with a drinking problem and not staying gone for 3-4 days straight. I like to think those changes are for the better.

11. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Awesome stock and awesome wife! Enjoy both!

12. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Trust me on this. I do not care how good the pooty is, you need to straighten this stuff out BEFORE you procreate with or marry this one!

13. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

To quote my wife, "Twice the guns, twice the fun". In fact my wedding present to my wife was an Ed Brown Kobra and her's to me was Springfield GI 1911A1 customized.

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

now thats the way it SHOULD be!!!!

15. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Seems she's a definite "keeper" to me. At least she was thinking about ya and gave you the permission to splurge on your birthday! ;)

Nice stick! :cool:

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

well at 100 yards the stock really helped with the higher cheek rest using a scope. first three shots at 100yards were touching using 55grn fmj. then they started walking all over. the scope mount was moving on me. carry handle mounts suck :( gonna have to get a railed upper at some point.

17. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

That's awesome.
    You wanna trade wives around my birthday????

18. RP4UJ

RP4UJ New Member

I appreciate the feedback, don't get me wrong she ain't a bad woman, just not the kind who would buy me a tri. rmr for my FNP .45 T, lol. Jon has him a winner, congrats again.

19. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

That stock looks great Jon,and your one lucky SOB to have a wife like that!

I'd say that's probably the reason I've never been married-When you say I Do,they say Well,You Used Too!
    I'll stick with renting them,I haven't found one good enough for the lease/purchase plan yet.

20. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i agree! i guess i'm lucky too! my wife likes to shoot almost as much as i do. she's happy as long as the bills are paid, then after that, well i can buy pretty much whatever. i buy her a new gun from time to time and she's happy. i can't say the same about my first wife. she was like, why do you need another gun? she didn't last very long, especially after saying, you need to make a choice me or the guns! well she's gone and now i have much better wife!