I like this and may get one if money allows

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by opaww, Jul 16, 2009.

1. JoshX3Magazine

JoshX3Magazine New Member

Wow! How bad-*** is that??

Looks like it seemed to run pretty good. I'd love to pull one apart and see how they made it all work.

Seems like a great way to creat an "assault" style weapon out of a time-proven, quality and extremely affordable battle rifle with a cartridge that retains a great deal of stopping power.

I'm going to keep an eye on this one!

Good find!

Josh

2. opaww

opaww New Member

Me too, but I may get one if money allows this next payday it is only

Retail $159.95

Introductory Price through Aug. 5, 2009 $119.96

This is about 3-4 hundred $'s cheaper then a few I have seen.

3. orangello

orangello New Member

I bleve they had that on an SKS forum i visit. I guess i'm old-fashioned, but the T6 stock is about as modern as i want to make my SKS. It also looks like the recoil is increased a bit, makes sense.

I do like the change to the ejection path. I tried a shell deflector on mine & had a few jams before removing it.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I don't own an SKS, but I hold them in pretty high regard. That may be an interesting way to go.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

With the sight they had installed they shooter could not attain any resemblance of a cheek weld. The left hand shooting demo was just plain stupid. I did not stick around long enough to notice if they demo'd aftermarket mags even though they say it will accept tapco's and other detachables. I don't like the way the trigger sits exposed in the enclosed pistol grip area.

WTS, it may be OK especially with a 16" bbl and flash hider.

6. Seadog75

Seadog75 New Member

Looks cool, kinda like a styer aug.

7. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

I like it. I want a more compact 7.62 and it was just going to be an AK-47 Semi....but since this is around and I already have an SKS then all I have to do is remove the bayo assembly and the front site...etc....and I already have a red dot I can gimp from my Kel-Tec.

I'm just wondering how the trigger words.....the gun just drops in? No modification?

I'm getting it and I'll start buying Tapco 20 Rounders again.....BUT the stripper clips seem to be just as fast as a mag change and in a bullpup actually MAKES alot more sense than mag changes as you can theorectically keep your sight pattern while doing that.

8. opaww

opaww New Member

The site says no mods to the weapon at all, and it can be put together in 15 minutes. The trigger assembly comes with the stock

9. JiroZero713

Alright so you'd just take out the old trigger assembly?

Cool

Also what parts would I need to change to make it 922R?

Because I know all my parts on my Yugo are all Foreign.

I need to get a titanium gas piston anyway.

So like are these available now? Because it looks badass.

I'm glad I didn't buy that tapco stock now....because I want this.....looks similiar to the Kel-Tec Rifle they are coming out with in .308....which honestly IMO is to big of a round for BullPup....AK rounds are the limit I think.

That 922r crap I hate though because I can't make sense of it every time I read it.....I'm guessing if you take off the original stock you have to take off 3 more parts/replace them.....from what I see the HandGuard and trigger assembly bite the dust so that's 3 counting the stock that get replaced.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  10. opaww

opaww New Member

All I know right now is that this stock requires no mods to the existing weapon to put together. It says on the site that you can use the standard steel AK mags and the Tapco 20 round mags. from my understanding without mods to the weapon or stock. The only SKS not actualy tasted with this stock is the Yugo SKS and they are going to test that one this month.

I have asked them if it is in production and shipping now sense I want one and my son likes it also so he said he would buy it and we can test it to make sure it is as good as they say it is.

The issue of 922r I think is that the U.S. requires that 10 or 11 parts on a import must be American made and I don't know if they say what parts that is, from what I gathered it is any parts so you can replace what you choose to make it legal. Thats all I know about it right now.

11. orangello

orangello New Member

There is a list of "regulated parts" on that SKS forum, the survivors board. I remember stock, handguard/gas tube, mag body, mag floor, mag follower thing that supports the cartridges, gas piston, operating rod (debated), and some more pricey stuff like the bolt or bolt carrier and some trigger group stuff. 922(r) Parts Count Info from ATF - 14 Parts! I'm not very active there, due to a lot of ignorance on my part, but those guys seem nice & knowledgable.

12. JiroZero713

Reciever Barrel Muzzle Attachment Bolt Bolt Carrier Gas Piston Trigger Housing Trigger Hammer Sear Disconnector Butt Stock Forearm/Handgaurd Magazine Body Follower

Are the parts

From what I gather in the bullpup it replaces the Stock 1 part

That makes me at 14 now. If I remove my muzzle break that makes it 13 parts

New Titanium gas piston made in US makes it 12 Parts

BUT I'm unsure about the trigger. Because the hammer still has to be there with the trigger assembly from the old SKS to acctually deploy the round. I'm guessing you essentially will have 2 triggers and the Bullpup one activates the hammer.

So you would still need 2 more parts to take off to matter the rifle

Meaning possibly the upper handgaurd tube or you would have to use just Tapco 20 Round magazines or AK mags if your SKS tages AK mags.

13. crockett007

crockett007 New Member

Strictly from limited experience...(i had an SKS for about a year), this does look pretty cool. I hope you do get the set up and tell us how you like it. I took the lazy way out, and bought an AK!

14. JiroZero713

I for the most part figured the cheapest way to make it compliant

The new stock counts as -2 on a Yugo making it 13 parts left to go On any other SKS it would be 12 parts to go

Remove the Muzzle Brake -1 Making it now at 12 Parts left to go for a yugo making it even with any other SKS

So now we have 12 Foreign parts on any SKS. Cheaper way would be to just use Tapco 20 Round mags now but then Stripper clips are a *****

but there is a mod to make it where tapcos work better with stripper clips and that might be the golden d*** right there.

Also you can remove the gas piston and replace that with an american part making it 9 or 10 depending on if you want to leave the muzzle brake on the yugo but that's more expensive.

15. orangello

orangello New Member

There are some other muzzle devices available for the Yugos. There were some custom ones posted on that other site, i bleve. The gas piston is cheap from tapco, but the handguard with gas tube is like $50.

On my Norinco, i did: gas piston, handguard w/gastube, operating rod (doesn't count), t6 stock, and tapco 20 round mags (2 or 3 parts depending on who you ask), all so i could keep the pig sticker.

16. JiroZero713

Eh I really don't want to bother with removeing the muzzle brake but I guess I will.

I'll have to get a punch and hammer and pull the bastard off....I heard it's a pain in the ***.

17. JiroZero713

I just called and the owner's wife picked up and the owner will be calling me soon.

I will jot down a bunch of information and find out in stone what I will need to make it compliant and some technical mumbo jumbo about it.

18. JiroZero713

Ok I have found out how to get it compliant with a Yugo SKS

You must remove the old wooden handgaurd -1

Remove the old stock....replace it with new bull pup -1

Remove the Muzzle Brake -1

Replace Gas Piston with Tapco or comparable american piston -1

Buy SGworks part that replaces the trigger of the original SKS...meaning you got to do alittle work on the trigger and replace the SKS trigger with this part....and piano wire runs to the new Bull Pup trigger and activates the old trigger mechanism allowing the gun to fire. -1 again

So now we have -5 from the Yugo meaning 15-5=10

And if you don't want to do the gas piston or the trigger thing then you can always just use Tapco 20 Rounders instead.

Compliant Bull Pup.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  19. opaww

opaww New Member

They will be shipping this in Sept.