I Let Him Go

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by bullet, Dec 8, 2012.

1. bullet

bullet New Member

Well, I let this one go and two other bucks, because I have already taken a buck the size of the one in the picture. I saw 7 does, three bucks. The three bucks were a five point, 6 point and what would have been an 8 point, but one side was gone and must have been broken off in a fight. You can take three bucks a year and thee does a day in TN but I already had some meat in the freezer from the first day hunt in Mississippi and I want a big one. So outside of having fun and taking some cool pictures below, I came up empty of horns but was not empty of a good time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I admire your discretion.

For some reason, I think does would be better eating than bucks. Is that right?

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

** mad respect **

[​IMG]

4. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Way to go, now that is hunting.............:cool:

5. bullet

bullet New Member

Thannks guys, I did have fun.

6. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Bullet,

Respect to you!:) I am with you. I saw several 8s and a couple of 10s in Texas the first of November from the stand. But like you said I killed a 10 last year and the ones this year were no larger or no additional points so I patiently watched them and saw them walk on. So this year it was stricktly meat hunting. So I shot some does and some pigs for breakfast sausage and deer summer sausage with cheese and jalopenas. Makes me hungry thinking of it! Anyway as stated that is hunting and thanks for being a real sportsman. If we had to have them for meat to feed the family that would be a different matter. Have a great season! Here is the 2011 Buck!

Attached Files:

7. Sniper03

Second Better Picture of the antlers!

Attached Files:

8. bullet

bullet New Member

Sniper03, I am hoping that your picture brings me some good luck before the season ends here and before my next whitetail trip the second week of January. Thanks for posting. :)

9. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

The does are better as long as you don't shoot them during a full moon. The does come into heat during the full moon. There is no difference when the does are in heat.

Getting the pictures are just as good as shooting the deer. In fact, taking multiple pictures is harder than shooting a deer. Job well done!!

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

are you a pro photog?? those are some awesome pics!! if your ever in wisconsin i got some guns i want great pics of!!

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

This is an uneducated guess but it seems to me the does might taste less 'gamey'.

Did you mean to say there is or is not a difference in the doe meat when they are in heat.

12. Sniper03

Bullet,

Wishing you luck and a great hunt in January! And those are some fine pictures you have taken. I also have a love for taking wildlife pictures as well as hunting. Actually I spend much more time with the Camera than I do with the gun. Here are a couple of them.
    Once again good luck and let us know how you do!

Attached Files:

13. bullet

bullet New Member

Thanks John, it is a little harder at times.

14. bullet

bullet New Member

Not a professional photographer, but do take all the pictures for my articles and mostly for fun, I have always loved to take pictures.

15. bullet

bullet New Member

Sniper03, I like the pictures, cool.

16. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

You have done well! I really liked the photos too. I think for letting that fella go, your gonna get a big buck this year in return.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  17. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

great pics bullet! I have missed this season due to a broken ankle which sucks, but its great to see what others are up to:)

Sniper03 - Awesome 10 pointer and great turkey pic too! Got those buggers crossing the yard almost daily here and its fun to watch em...

18. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I've never hunted but one thing I was taught is never take a Buck if he's not bigger than your last/first.

Mad respect.

19. bullet

bullet New Member

You know, I am hoping that same thing and that would really be cool.

20. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Good decision to let the young bucks go,they will be bigger next year.

What camera are you using?? Those are some really nice pics....Great job!