i know its been talked about

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by jjfuller1, Oct 16, 2012.

1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 Active Member

but seriuosly. there are 137 members online. how fun would a chat room that was say up from 7pm to 9pm be, have one mod in it to control if something happens. but honestly. most of the members i think could handle it.. even if you limited it to supporting members. doing just a short session at night would be kinda cool

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

The last chat room that was "sponsored' here caused this place to fracture and nearly implode under the weight of backstabbing, sh!t talking and un-regulation where those with a few drinks in them could run their mouths without impunity.

I no longer have a vote, but if I did, it would not only be no, it would HHEELLLLLLLLL NO!

I think many of the old timers here would back me up on this one. Bad Juju is only a chatroom away.

JD

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Hmmm how about a chat for supporting members only :D Just one more perk

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

The last chat room was only available to Supporting Members. The code and link was posted in the Bunker.

The chat room led to a subculture that just hung out and waited for an opportunity to snipe any poster that they collectively felt didn't agree with their view on things.

Trust me. If you weren't there, it can't be explained how bad, how fast it went sour after that chatroom came on line. :mad:

JD

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 Active Member

ic ic. well i guess we shall just post up a ton of replies to all threads. hehe. good to know though

6. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

we can always use ts3. put a voice with a call sign.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I agree. A chat room would be nothing but trouble.

8. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 Active Member

okay, i wont mention it again. let me go back to my 8 hours manual labor gig :p

9. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

This is why we won't implement a chat.

It was a bad experience all around and we lost a lot of good members.

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Couple i was involved in on lesser forums were - well---hell holes :(
    Never go into anymore anywhere ;)

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

It bore a strong resemblance to using a flamethrower in a phone booth.