I just sold my Kimber Ultra Covert II ti buy this.....

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by GunRunner, Feb 7, 2012.

1. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

As the title says, I just sold my Kimber ultra covert II to Buy this. I know its not a 1911 and I'm sure some of you may be like what in the world would you sell a Kimber to Buy? Well I sold it to Buy a Sig but not just any Sig, I bought this Sig.....
    Its my early birthday gift to myself 2/11

ForumRunner_20120207_001709.jpg

I hope I am not cast out of the 1911 club and forced to join the glock section!

2. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Um being in the Glock section aint a bad thing bro. I like that Sig a lot. What model is it?

3. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

It is one of my dream pistols, its a Sig P220-X6

Not that it matters but the other is H&K Mark 23 SOCOM.

4. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Well the Sig is a beauty. How much was she? And happy early bday

5. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Here is the pic from Sig's sight, gives you a better look than the one I took.

P220-X-6-detail-L.jpg

6. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I traded my Kimber on it and with a 5% discount it still cost both arm and both legs........$1600 out the door.

7. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

s p e e c h l e s s

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

You could've bought a used Ed Brown for that. :)

But congrats anyways.

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Oh........my..........god!!!

But you love it so have fun with it.

10. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Yes, I can see that but this has not been molested by anyone but me.
    I have a nice Sig 1911 as well,it shoots quite well and is made just as well as far as not being MIM loaded.
    I know there is nothing wrong with having more than one 1911 but not at this moment.
    Plus I doubt if I had not of bought it if I ever would of found another one.

11. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

forget Ed Brown!! That Sig is sweeter than anything Ed brown could dream of making.

WoW, This site has some of the sweetest SIGs they make! Scorpion, STX, Platinum, P220-X6, and even a new C3 owner. There are some gun owners here that really know what they like! Just happens to be SIG.

Sorry Mimber

12. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Dude I love Sig 1911's and you know that....but they are in no way shape or form as good as an Ed Brown. Sorry to bust your bubble dodger. You might get stoned on that one. Sig can't compare to the craftsmanship of an ed brown

13. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

dude, that Sig is not of this earth. That Sig comes from the Master Shop! That gun is the pinnacle of everything Sig is. It would go shot for shot im guessing with anything Ed Brown could dish out.

Now I agree to a degree with your craftsmanship take. Ed Brown is custom and Sig mass produces. Hence Ed Brown can put more quality pieces than Sig and other gun makers. But that P220-X6 is hand crafted like a fine german beer. It can hold its own against an Ed B.

14. losack

losack New Member

Always good to see any gun find a good home. Enjoy it!!

That's why there's more than vanilla ice cream. I live all my "little friends"!

15. losack

losack New Member

Love my little friends!

16. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Well thanks for the complement, I am also the proud owner of that 1911 platinum elite also and my beautiful wife shoots a Sig SP2022.

17. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Dang dude, a P220-X6, a Sig Platinum, and a beautiful wife that shoots a SP2022? They guys were giving me a rash of ^%$& last nite for my new toys I have come into of late. But I think I found the true baller of the group!

Nice dude, keep up the good work!!

18. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I appreciate you saying all that it saves me from having to type it all.........lol

19. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Its all smoke in mirrors........lol
    after several near death experience in my life and losing friends in the prime of theirs; I realize that you only live once so enjoy your life, enjoy today, if tomorrow doesn't come, at least the day before was great.

20. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Us give you sh$#? Come on dodger!