I just hate computers! Dell's Suck****

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Txhillbilly, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Well about 6 months ago I bought a Dell Vostro 1500 laptop and thought life was grand. Boy,was I wrong.Then a couple months ago the hard drive fried.
    I bought it on Ebay from a dealer in AZ.,for a great price but didn't know that Dell registers their computers to the dealer,and then you have to get it changed into your name. It would be a simple process if I knew the persons name but I had no clue who this person was-I Bought It On Ebay,from a person 1000 miles from where I live so Dell wouldn't register it in my name without me knowing who this person was.
    Well after a few days cussing everyone at Dell that I could on the phone they finally registered it in my name, but I would have to wait 5 business days before they would send my New hard drive. When I received it,it wasn't new but a refurbished one,and this morning when I tried to use my computer it fried too. Being the mild tempered person that I am,all 6'3"-250lbs of me. I tried to see just how far my fist would go into this stupid piece of ^*@#. And it went pretty far,completely destroying the keyboard and mouse area of it. Now I have a nice new Toshiba and will be sending the Dell back. LOL,that was so much fun.

2. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Your MISTAKE was "EBAY"... don't blame Dell.

3. Txhillbilly

Now Mark F, How do you think I should blame EBAY? I happen to like EBAY,with exception to their firearms rules and PayPal. But I don't understand why Dell would register their products to the dealers name to begin with. I have never heard of any consumer goods being handled in that manner. It isn't Ebay,or the Dealers fault that Dell makes a crappy product.
    I take it you know A.B. in Bedford,I've known him for years,when he had his shop in Grapevine.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Tx - While I share your distaste, and Rage-O-Meter reaction, when things I have purchased don't work accordingly - I think you might need a hug. ;)

I hope the new computer is treating you MUCH better and has learned it's lesson from the old one.... :D

JD

5. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Yes sir, I know A.B. quite well. I bought 7 handguns from him this year, and tons of ammo. I go to his shop at least twice a week...

With EBAY stuff you can't put your hands on it before you buy...

6. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

PC's suck,all of them just suck !

7. Txhillbilly

Dango,I couldn't agree more. But I really like my new Toshiba! Man this thing is fast.

8. Txhillbilly

Thanks JD,Usually my Rage-O-Meter stays in the green,but with my new job I work all night and needed to use my Laptop to pay some bills when I got home and when it didn't work,I had to release some stress. IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY,and cheaper than a shrink. PS, Thanks for caring with the hug mention! THB

9. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

But I also love my new Mac. ,It ain't no Pppppppp !! Ccccccccc !!:D

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Mac the best windows machine you will ever own.

11. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

I actually have to agree.

I'm a multi-platform computer user. I use XP, OS X 10.5, and Slackware 11 on a daily basis.

But, my primary machine is a 15" MacBook Pro. I've got it setup dual-boot with XP pro and OSX 10.5, and I've gotta tell you, I've never had windows run sweeter than on my Mac....

12. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I too have a 15" macbook pro and yes it does run winows so smoothly you would the macbook pro was built to run windows. I have an older copy of bootcamp running right now as I am running 10.4 next year when the budget can handel it I am going to upgrade the 3 macbook pros to 10.5 along with my 90 macbooks.

13. GlenJohnson

GlenJohnson New Member

Just remember before you go using you're machines for discus, Mickysoft came up with one good thing. "Last Known Good Configuration." Can't tell you how many times I've saved machines by hitting the f8 button when I restart after the blue screen of death, just selecting that option and the machine will start up good as old. Lot's of folks think the H/D is fried when this option actually would have saved them a lot of headaches. Next time your machine doesn't start, try this out. Turn the machine off, restart, press f8 after the beep and select "Last Known Good Configuration" and let er rip. You might be pleasently surprised.

14. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I use all Dell products. Have 4 desktops between home and office and 2 laptops. Never had a single failure of any hardware, knock on wood. In fact going to buy a 1525 this week.

15. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Who makes your severs?