I just got tested.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by sheepdawg, May 14, 2020.

1. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Especially when there is...or could be (gasp) DDT! .......

ellis

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    RJF22553 likes this.
  2. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Though, it's my understanding that often there are multiple things going on. Particularly in this early stage of learning about all the impacts of SARS-CoV-2, it's clear that inflammation is a big symptom. I can appreciate attempts, at this point, to corral the inflammation, irrespective of whether there's an actual treatment for the viral bug itself yet. To say nothing of the clots, which many are reporting globally as a problematic symptom up to weeks following "recovery."

Hopefully there's a vaccine or other therapy sometime soon. It'll be one less thing on the table, when its effects get treated.

RJF22553 likes this.

3. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

A double blind study has been published in the Lancet: hydroxychloroquine increased the probability of death in those with Covid19. Enough so, that it is now banned for use in Britain and most of the EU.

4. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes, but what would they know when we have forum hydroxychloroquine experts.

Lancet. In summary, this multinational, observational, real-world study of patients with COVID-19 requiring hospitalisation found that the use of a regimen containing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine (with or without a macrolide) was associated with no evidence of benefit, but instead was associated with an increase in the risk of ventricular arrhythmias and a greater hazard for in-hospital death with COVID-19. These findings suggest that these drug regimens should not be used outside of clinical trials and urgent confirmation from randomised clinical trials is needed.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    jigs-n-fixture likes this.
  5. manta

At risk of being called a troll. Not just the Lancet.

LONDON — An international hydroxychloroquine trial led by the University of Oxford has been paused, Britain's pharmaceutical regulator said on Wednesday, less than a week after the trial started, amid fresh safety concerns over the drug.

The French government on Wednesday cancelled a decree allowing hospital doctors to administer hydroxychloroquine as a treatment to patients suffering severe forms of COVID-19, the illness caused by the new coronavirus.

On Monday, the World Health Organization (WHO) paused a large trial of the malaria drug on COVID-19 patients due to safety concerns. British medical journal The Lancet has reported that patients getting hydroxychloroquine had increased death rates.

"The COPCOV trial, led by the University of Oxford and Wellcome-supported MORU in Bangkok, has been paused," the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) said in a statement about the trial, which started last Thursday.

6. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

The Lancet is very much anti Trump calling for Americans to put another President in office next January.

Miami Herald May 15, 2020.

French Professor Didier Raoult, who believes Hydroxychloroquine is a proven treatment, attacked The Lancet study as completely delirious. I won't change my mind because I know the reality.

I trust W.H.O. about as much as I trust gas station sushi.

7. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Like malaria in Africa. Some don't want an easy fix for C19

Nmwabbit likes this.
  8. manta

I doubt their findings have anything to do with Trump. You take the word of one french doctor, over well respected organisations including the American Heart Association, the CDC and numerous others. Just a big conspiracy to discredit Trump.

9. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

ellis36 likes this.
  10. sheepdawg

I wouldn't call the CDC very well respected at this moment and it's not just one French doctor, though he's a preeminent authority on the topic. India's top medical authorities have also said they have seen positive results. Many American doctors have seen it work. My neighbor's brother was hospitalized with COVID and he received it. He walked out of the hospital 6 days later.
    It's like every opinion put forth by the experts on this pandemic. If you don't like what you hear wait a few days. The so called experts will do a 180 on their theories.

Nmwabbit, Oldoutlaw and ellis36 like this.
  11. TimKS

TimKS Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Now you're getting closer to some actual truth.

12. manta

You are just looking at the alleged positive results and disregarding the negative, you are right regarding ( The so called experts will do a 180 on their theories ) that includes the ones pushing hydroxychloroquine as a treatment.

That's were we differ, my mind is not closed and i will change my mind if the evidence shows that Hydroxychloroquine is a effective treatment. But every day the evidence is showing that not only is it ineffective but can be dangerous, so no benefit and negative outcomes.

And that proves nothing, people with CV 19 walk out of hospital without having Hydroxychloroquine as a treatment.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  13. manta

Now we are getting into the twilight zone, along with the earth is flat etc. o_O

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  14. mrm14

mrm14 Well-Known Member

I say start the clinical trials on Bacon!!! Bacon!!.jpg ;):)

ellis36 and RJF22553 like this.
  15. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

I suspect much of the debate about HCQ concerns when to give it, and understanding the underlying conditions of the specific patient.

If one waits until a patient is on a ventilator, use of HCQ isn't going to be very effective as the body is already in real bad shape (and loaded up with multiple other drugs). There are other reports that putting one on a ventilator is worse than upping the O2. It isn't a miracle drug. One of the stats I read indicated 80% of those going on a ventilator will die - regardless of the drugs used. And, yes, it has some potentially serious side-effects that result in death (arrhythmia) for those with heart problems - and likely those whose bodies are under severe duress.

It obviously works for some given a timely administration of it. And it MAY have some prophylactic strength. Seems to me the UK is trying that out for a large portion of their medical responders.

I'm sure Big Pharma is in on the negative reporting because this is a common drug with no patents and pretty inexpensive. This whole Moderna thingy sort of stinks, IMHO. The drug doesn't appear to reduce the mortality rate, but shortens the hospital stay by a few days. That appeals to the Public Health folks who worry about hospital bed availability, but doesn't seem to do much good for the patients.

I'm intrigued with some reporting about Ivermectin. Maybe I should suck down on some of our horses' doses...;););)

Oldoutlaw and ellis36 like this.
  16. sheepdawg

As of 2017 there were 5 million prescriptions for Hydroxychloroquine in the United States. It is the 128th most common prescribed drug.

It is on the W.H.O.'s list of Essential Medicines, the safest and most effective medicines needed in a health system.

From good old Wikipedia. Not a place I like to cite but I thought I'd throw that out there.

IMHO if Trump said the stuff was horrible and he was going to ban it by executive order the experts would be all over the Internet and media saying Trump was keeping life saving medicine from COVID patients.

17. ellis36

^^^^^^^ Truth!

It's always been posed as a possible prophylaxis against the disease and acknowledged from the beginning not to be a cure for latter stages of Covid. All the supposed testing with negative results has been done with patients in the final stages...

elliis

Mister Dave and Oldoutlaw like this.
  18. ellis36

Oh, no! Tell me it's not so!!! Not Lancet!!!!!

ellis

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/e...rmation-enabling-hydroxychloroquine-hysterics

Lancet Issues Major Disclaimer On Anti-HCQ Study, As Manufactured Disinformation Foments Hysterics

The Lancet has issued a major disclaimer regarding a study which prompted the World Health Organization to halt global trials of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), an anti-Malaria drug currently being used around the world to treat COVID-19.

As we noted last week, major data discrepancies have called the entire study into question - though the lead author says it does not change the study's findings that patients who received HCQ died at higher rates and experienced more cardiac complications than without.

Until the data has been audited, The Lancet issued the following "expression of concern" regarding the study.

"Important scientific questions have been raised about data reported in the paper by Mandeep Mehra et al," reads the "expression of concern" from The Lancet.

"Although an independent audit of the provenance and validity of the data has been commissioned by the authors not affiliated with Surgisphere and is ongoing, with results expected very shortly, we are issuing an Expression of Concern to alert readers to the fact that serious scientific questions have been brought to our attention. We will update this notice as soon as we have further information."

-The Lancet

19. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

But eckspurtz in the NIUK said HCQ will kill you dead!

ellis36 likes this.
  20. manta

No i did no say it will kill you, it has killed people.

winds-of-change and W.T. Sherman like this.