I just got tested.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by sheepdawg, May 14, 2020.

1. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

So agree with the the majority even if you disagree and we will all get on fine OK. Hydroxychloroquine is great for preventing and treating CV 19, happy. o_O

2. manta

Possibly, you sound like my wife. :)

RJF22553 likes this.

3. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

That will do just fine! Might have said that to start with and saved us all some time.

Keep it in the right lane!

Oops! Maybe we have identified the problem! :eek::D

ellis

towboater and manta like this.
  4. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Yes, I do. The PDR is not a medical textbook or a treatment manual. It is a reference guide. I was referring to the info sheets overloaded with questionable adversity data just in case. Nobody gets sued for exaggerating the side effects. Not quite sure what you were getting at.

5. RaySendero

RaySendero Active Member

Yeah outlaw, I noticed that, too.
    Seems this COVID-19 and this tested thread bough out the troll in him. Especially the anti-Trump attitude.

If he's not trolling, he needs to stick with UK and Boris Johnson politics. Our President or how Americans deal with the Wuhan China virus ain't none of his business.

ellis36 and Oldoutlaw like this.
  6. manta

You think. Your opinion will have no effect on what or who i post about. ;)

Nmwabbit likes this.
  7. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

First a PDR is indeed a medical textbook and treatment manual. It shows recommended dosages of particular prescription drugs. If a physician was unfamiliar with a drug and it's dosage he could read up on it with his PDR. He could also get advice to adverse effects. This came from a 1987 PDR, long before politics reared it's ugly head with Hydroxychloroquine. Doesn't a school textbook pretty much do the same, giving you information you are unfamiliar with?

I was getting at an overdosage of Hydroxychloroquine has side effects similar to an overdosage of Tylenol as reported in 1987, long before the mainstream media's war against anything Trump says. Tylenol is one of the most common over the counter drugs sold in the world.

ellis36 and manta like this.
  8. RaySendero

RaySendero Active Member

LOL
    It didn't take long for you to prove
    outlaw's and my suspicions' !!!

Noisy troll alert issued. LOL

ellis36 and Oldoutlaw like this.
  9. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Ignore button still works just fine.

Mister Dave likes this.
  10. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Actually, it probably will.You make a point of taking the contrary position on any discussion, especially if you can sneak politics into it.

If you wanted to belong to a debate club you should have stayed in school.

ellis

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  11. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

And that is totally counter to what I’ve just read, from the PDR, and online medical sources for prescription medication sources.

12. sheepdawg

Pretty much copied it verbatim from the 1987 Physician's Desk Reference.

PDR (2).jpg

RJF22553 likes this.
  13. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

1987, that is 33-years ago. they publish new ones every year, because they go out of date, as new research is completed. So, you’re so far out of date that it is almost laughable.

Mercator likes this.
  14. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

The Chinese noticed that lupus patients who were on hydroxychloroquinine coupled with a couple of other drugs were not getting the whuhan flu. The French were doing a controlled study, but I don't know the results if there are any yet.

Then Trump mentioned it, after that it absolutely had to be proven as deadly poison. Couple that with the fact that it is a known quantity, with known side effects, and since the patent has run out it is relatively cheap. That means nobody gets rich if it is either a cure, or a disrupter that lessens the severity of the infection.

Most of the studies dismissing it are conducted without the supporting drug combinations thereby to discredit it. People are dying, but lets not let that get in the way of power grabs.

ellis36 likes this.
  15. sheepdawg

I used a 1987 PDR because there's no doubt about any political connotation in something that old and to show the drug has been used for a long time. It shows side effects similar to an overdose of tylenol. Let's face it Hydroxychloroquine had already been prescribed for 30 years by it's printing and any serious or potentially lethal effects of it would have been well known and cited.

It shows that all the uproar about it now might have ulterior motives.

RJF22553, ellis36 and Nmwabbit like this.
  16. manta

We were disusing Hydroxychloroquine usage for CV19, referring to the most high profile person in the world taking it is not sneaking politics into it. I make the point of having my own view on things and not following the herd if i disagree.

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  17. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

Treatment. If a virus is causing your pneumonia, antibiotics won't help. Your doctor may give you an antiviral medication. If you have an influenza virus, your doctor may prescribe medications such as oseltamivir (Tamiflu), zanamivir (Relenza), or peramivir (Rapivab).
    https://www.webmd.com/lung/viral-pneumonia-lung-infection

Azithromycin is used to treat certain bacterial infections, such as bronchitis; pneumonia; sexually transmitted diseases (STD); and infections of the ears, lungs, sinuses, skin, throat, and reproductive organs. Azithromycin also is used to treat or prevent disseminated Mycobacterium aviumcomplex (MAC) infection [a type of lung infection that often affects people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)]. Azithromycin is in a class of medications called macrolide antibiotics. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.

Antibiotics such as azithromycin will not work for colds, flu, or other viral infections. Using antibiotics when they are not needed increases your risk of getting an infection later that resists antibiotic treatment.
    https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a697037.html

so if the "virus" is actually a virus per se, why prescribe patients to use a bacterial medication or even go down this path to study the curative implication(s)?

hummm, me thinks something is rotten in this pandemic!

18. Nmwabbit

interesting sidebar...the parasitic disease malaria, spread by mosquitos, KILLS 445K +/- a year in africa and there is no world uproar, no pending economic collapse, no governmental directives controlling citizens, no major effort to eliminate the mosquito, no nothing whatsoever!

odd don't you think?

19. Nmwabbit

alas the PDR was developed as drug manufacturers marketing tool and as such, is financially supported by pharmaceutical manufacturing corporations which created the drugs.

remember it is the "practice" of medicine so to assure your drug is known to those "practicing" they compiled the PDR to push their concoctions!

Mercator likes this.
  20. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

The wabbit actually got this one right. The PDR is a sponsored product, distributed free to medical professionals. A medical textbook half it’s size is around $200-400 retail.

This debate on HCQ is much like Glock vs 1911, with a lot less competence involved.

towboater likes this.