I just got tested.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by sheepdawg, May 14, 2020.

1. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

My wife was prescribed and took Hydroxychloroquine for over two years for Lupus...and this was along with a diagnosed congestive heart condition. I administered the pills every day and I reordered when she ran out.

Hell, I still have probably 50-60 on the shelf.

And...... her passing was related to an bacterial infection, not a heart problem.

The uproar and misinformation about an old tried and true drug is absolutely unbelievable.

Ignorance abounds and is repeated ad infinitum by people who know nothing about it except what they hear on the "News" and read in the "Papers!"

Personally, I have no clue whether or not the damn drug will help with Covid.

Frankly, I doubt manta does either. He has an opinion based on some link that reinforces what he wants to believe, (Which is Orange Man stupid!) while he apparently ignores all links that opine otherwise.

"Opinion?" Oh, yeah! Like a**holes, everyone has one.

ellis

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  2. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

My 1987 Physician's Desk Reference has a section on Hydroxychloroquine use and dosage for pregnant women. Adverse reactions when prescribed can be, headache, dizziness, diarrhea, anorexia, nausea, abdominal cramps, and on rare occasions, vomiting. According to it the problems caused by extended use can be muscle weakness, nightmares, psychosis, vertigo, blurred vision and skin eruptions. The problems associated with overdosage are convulsions and cardiovascular collapse, The problems associated with Tylenol overdosage are blood in your urine, fever, lightheadedness, or fainting, trouble breathing, blurred vision, a fast heartbeat, confusion, convulsions, coma. Maybe we ought to warn everyone about Tylenol, it can hurt also.

Have you watched TV and heard the side effects of some of the drugs advertised for disorders such as psoriasis, or narcolepsy? Scary?

towboater, ellis36, RJF22553 and 3 others like this.

3. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

This warning is for your doctor’s consideration. For instance: your other medical conditions, other drugs you take, family history, lab tests, and scores of other things. If the drug was known to be outright dangerous, it would not be sold. The drug manufacturers that issue black box warnings do it with abundance of caution. In case you didn’t know, a whole class of parasitic American lawyers feed off the slightest appearance of drug complications.

Btw walking the streets of Belfast or more recently London also carries a risk of sudden death.

And why doubt whether Trump “really” takes what he said he takes? Hydrochloroquine is not a Republican drug. Touting last I checked was praising and pushing something. It’s not what he does about HCQ.

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Manta - definitions

1) Car made by Opel
    2) City in Ecuador
    3) Celtic term for Orange Man Bad

Mister Dave and ellis36 like this.
  5. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I never said i did know, unlike some i do a bit of research before believing in miracle cures that even the experts are not sure work. And i think Trump is a lot of things, but i did not say he was stupid.

6. manta

I like orange men, but unlike Trump they are not actually orange. ;)

7. Mercator

:D:D

Manta, Trump has normal gray hair. Do you own a color TV? :)

8. Mercator

What’s really bad is that you don’t know which warning is realistic and which is the delousing to prevent lawsuits.

ellis36 likes this.
  9. manta

No, it still has valves. :)

10. manta

Hydroxychloroquine has being used tried and tested for them conditions for years, and the benefits outweigh the risks. There is no evidence that it stops anyone contracting or improving their outcome regarding CV19, so until there is the risk could outweigh the ( possible ) not yet proven benefits.

Trump is not monitored in a hospital, or enrolled in a clinical trial.

11. RaySendero

RaySendero Active Member

Blind testing adding 400mg/day Hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19:

None treated with hydroxychloroquine progressed to sever;
    12.9% not treated with hydroxychloroquine progressed to sever.

Those treated with hydroxychloroquine showed a quicker time to recover.

2 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine had side effects;
    1 had a rash and 1 had a headache

12. Mercator

Trump monitors whatever the hell he pleases. What makes you think you know better than his doctors?
    Btw I took Plaquenil daily for a month, as prescribed. Many moons ago.

There is some sort of mental covid going around. Time to delouse the trolls :)

ellis36 and Oldoutlaw like this.
  13. manta

First we are assuming he is taking it, second i would think the doctors do what he tells them, not the other way round.

14. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, I still consider manta a troll. In fact he seems to be doing more of it with this Covid thing.

15. manta

Its as well i don't care what you think, you are making a habit of calling forum members trolls. Maybe you should take a look at yourself. PS A difference of opinion does not make people trolls.

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  16. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Your same old lame excuse for what you do as in this thread. Nearly word per word. Troll on.

ellis36 likes this.
  17. manta

Thanks, i will keep posting my opinion if you don't like it tough.

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  18. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

Do you even know what a Physicians Desk Reference is? Back in 1987 it was the prescription drug encyclopedia for physicians. There's no BS or delousing to prevent lawsuits in one. BS could cause the publisher to be sued. This one is 2200 pages long.

Drug heads loved em too.

19. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep. Out of respect for Winds defense of him a few days ago I thought I would give it one more shot. Waste of time.

He's worse than trying to reason with a stubborn daughter who has decided she doesn't like Daddy's new girlfriend.

I went through that in real life.

I'm done.

Congratulations on your test, dawg!

ellis

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  20. Mercator

I think manta is a solid stubborn fellow who knows things that I don't, but also likes to venture into Indian territory without a map :)
    The trolls are you all know who.

ellis36 and manta like this.