I just got banned from another site?

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by 753X0, Apr 3, 2010.

1. 753X0

753X0 New Member

I just got banned from another site for using the word "crap" are you guys this intolerant of expressions also? Sorry, if I'm coming across alittle angry, but this seems pretty petty to me.

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

That would be a bunch of sh!t, right?

4. 753X0

753X0 New Member

I wouldn't dare say that word. That's why I'm asking. I literally typed "crap".. That's why I'm asking????

5. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I would think it would depend on how it was used. If you said another forum member was a piece of crap, then maybe you could loose your forum privledges, but I would expect a mod to delete that post and send you a warning before an outright ban!

Where was it....Perhaps it's time for a Pirate Raid, Arrr!

6. 753X0

753X0 New Member

No, I would never call names such as that. I just think it was a very quick, judgmental call.

7. 753X0

753X0 New Member

Gee, I'm apparently not good enough to join a civilized forum.
    It's funny how we, (I was one of the E-9's SF's that made the green zone, ,green), is banned from describing it.

8. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I am former air force, what branch were you in? Oh and thanks for your service!

9. 753X0

753X0 New Member

I was just like anybody else, I came out of Hurlburt a 1C291. We probably crossed path's.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  10. doctherock

doctherock New Member

i was 2a3x3a, fighter aircraft maintenance f-15 journeyman

11. 753X0

753X0 New Member

Sorry, I was with the 3rd Army, 1C291 AFSC. I worked darn hard to get it, and I just can't believe that using a word I heard on daily basis was so bad as to get me banned.

12. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

Well, that's just a bunch of poop!

I do not spend much time on other boards. I do visit a muzzleloading board when I have a specific question. I stay away from the AR type boards as they can be A$$hats at times.

This forum is a much friendlier place to hang out, and if you need technical help, someone here can usually help.

13. 753X0

753X0 New Member

Where do you draw the line?

The flushing toilet was invented by John Harrington in 1596. Joseph Bramah of Yorkshire patented the first practical water closet in England in 1778. Edward Jennings in 1852 also took out a patent for the flush-out toilet.[5][6] The word crap actually derives from Dutch (krappe), and first came into use centuries before Crapper was born. In a time when bathroom fixtures were barely spoken of, Crapper heavily promoted sanitary plumbing and pioneered the concept of the bathroom fittings showroom.[citation needed]

14. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Their are a few sites out there that are a bit on the Candyass side. I don't bother to read or post on them. I think I'll go take a crap... while thinking about the crap obama is shoving down our throats.

15. 753X0

753X0 New Member

Texan, you're right there's to much BS from the the LEFT on some of those pages. No, I will I not continue postingon THOSE pages.

16. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 New Member

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience over basically nothing. It takes a pretty small mind to be offended by the word "crap."

I try to make posts that offer different opinions or lend some experience from shooting firearms for 50 years. I make it a point to avoid disparaging remarks about anyone as I see diversity as what makes this world interesting. If the flaming starts, I simply move on.

That being said, I was banned "forever" by a 1911 pistol site because when I posted, the system slid the post into the wrong area. I don't know how that happened, but it did. They "disciplined" me and I questioned that. Finally, I asked to be removed from the membership rather than to deal with nonsense like that. They sent several Emails telling me that I was "banned forever." That worked just fine for me!

There are some obsessive sites and the best thing to do is stay away from them. You are better off without them.

Incidentally, I like it here! Folks seem knowledgeable and friendly. Thanks!

Flash

17. SDiver40

SDiver40 New Member

Well now I don’t feel so bad. I got a warning on another site for telling a fellow he had a nice looking pistol and IF I didn’t already have one just like it, I would purchase his. Still scratching my head over that one?

18. themyst

themyst New Member

Okay, according to Wikipedia, it is a profane word:

Profanity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Research looking at swearing in 1986, 1997, and 2006 in America found the same top ten words were used of a set of over 70 different swear words. The most used swear words were fu**, sh**, hell, damn, godd***, as*, bit**, and crap—these eight made up roughly 80% of all profanities."

But, one of the great things about this forum is that it allows men to be men. Especially given that most of the men here are military or former military.

19. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Don't sweat the small stuff. Welcome here. :cool: