I just bought my first SKS

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by synical, Jul 15, 2011.

1. synical

synical New Member

About an hour ago I purchased my first SKS. Its has a beautiful finish on it. Its a Chinese version with the bayonet. I think I am in love with her! Cant wait to go shoot it. I found it in a gun store and paid only 166.00 for it and they threw in a free cheap crappy case! haha :D

Attached Files:

2. Comeswithbacon

Comeswithbacon New Member

WOW, you should be proud. You have best-looking SKS ive ever seen!

3. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

"Drool".

Not only is she a beaut, but you also got a GREAT price on her ;).

4. orangello

orangello New Member

WOW! That is a really great price!

I would take it down & clean the bolt, especially the firing pin & the channel it is in. Sometimes there is packing grease in there that can get dirty & make the firing pin sticky (slam fire potential).

Very nice!

5. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Hell of a price and she shines. Good buy right there. Hard to find the Chinese Norinko SKS these days let alone getting one for that price.

6. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Very nice and you got it for a deal too.

7. synical

synical New Member

Hey thanks guys that makes me feel good that I got a good buy! Yeah she is a Chinese Norinko is what is stamped on the bolt reciever. All the parts match serial number wise too. It was a pawn shop i found her in and one of the guys that worked there actually owned it. He said its been in his gun case for years but never fired it. They wanted 200.00 for it but I talked them down to 166.00 plus tax. I think I did good. Heck of alot cheaper than my AR-15 that's for sure! So is the Chinese version good? and what is she worth? I have put my fingers in her a little for any residue but cant find any! Either she has been cleaned very well or never been shot at all! ;)

8. Cornhusker

Cornhusker New Member

That's a nice looking SKS, and great price.
    I bought one that looks ust like that a couple years ago, but it cost me $275 and I thought it was a good deal then.
    Congrats on a nice buy.

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Good deal!! Go shoot the crap out of it!

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congrats. That's a screamin' good deal.

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

What a beautiful rifle. One of the first guns I ever shot was a Chinese Norinco SKS. It had a spike bayonet on it. I LOVED that gun. I am not much of a rifle person but I would certainly be proud and excited to own a rifle like yours. Take her out and shoot her and post a range report.

12. synical

synical New Member

I will go shoot her soon. Its been raining every day here so hopefully soon I will get to go run some rounds threw her! I noticed I only have a 5 digit serial number on it starting with a K. And I read online that the Chinese produced this SKS with blade style bayonet up to 9,000,000 and then went to spike bayonet! Is there any way to tell how old this one is?

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I can't help you with trying to figure out the age of the gun. I have a great interest in the Viet Nam era and the SKS is a part of that. It's raining? I guarantee you that won't stop that SKS from firing. Drop it in the mud a time or two, I'll bet it will still fire. I'm not really suggesting you do that to that beautiful rifle but I bet you'll get tired out long before that gun does. You make me want an SKS now. :(

14. synical

synical New Member

Yeah I know the range is covered so I guess I should just sack up and go shoot it! That may just be the plan for tommorrow! muhahaha :D

15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I haven't had a chance to shoot my new SKS either. That stinks. It's also a Norinco, but the shorter version Paratrooper. I have the spike off of it for cleaning.

Just to make WoC want one even more........ :D

Attached Files:

16. dalesfirearm68

dalesfirearm68 New Member

i have two one is about 95% and the other i and my wife shoot the crap out of enjoy you got a hell of a deal
    both norinco's

17. synical

synical New Member

I took the SKS to the range yesterday and ran about 80 rounds threw her! I used wolf ammo and liked it alot! It shoots really well. Here is a pic of what the SKS did. Keep in mind I use this backdrop for all weapons so the bullet holes on the outside of the target are not missed shots i use different size targets on this backdrop. LOL

Attached Files:

18. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

The SKS was my first gun, and I still love it! (Mines a Ruskie ;) ) Thats some Good shootin' too...

19. orangello

orangello New Member

Have you tried the lil stripper clips? They are a hoot, IMO.

20. zebramochaman

zebramochaman New Member

You did extremely well. You paid about half of what the going price is. I own two. They are both fun to shoot and accurate. Congrat's.