I Join the Ranks of CCW Carriers!

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by themyst, Jan 27, 2010.

1. themyst

themyst New Member

I applied for my CCW on November 20, 2009, and since I live in a town forgotten by time, it was not mailed to me ... no ... yesterday it was personally delivered by the Chief of Police of my town. Naturally, he stopped by the morning after an incredible windstorm that knocked over my recycling barrel and Michelob bottles were strewn across the lawn ... Just lovely. :rolleyes:

I haven't received my custom DM Bullard holster yet, so when I went out yesterday, I carried my Ruger SR9 in my purse. Not wise. While I felt just wonderful having that extra protection on me, as I walked across a dark parking lot to pick up my Chinese take-out order, all I could think of was how useless my gun was in my purse.

I can hardly wait for my holster!!! This is great! :D

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now go re-read the Knowledge Base article "Read this before you decide to carry!"

It can save your life!

And why do we carry?

Because, "An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity."

3. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Love the beer bottle story. I bet that chief will be keeping an eye on you.

Congratulations.

4. N.D.

N.D. New Member

A CCW PARTY with Beer!

Congrats on the CCW!! "Bear bottles strewn across the lawn very embarrassing!

:D

N.D.

5. themyst

themyst New Member

The funny thing is that I rarely drink - every six months or so I get a twelve-pack and kick back and relax. The bottles had been in that recycling can for a long time. It never blows over. But the scene did look so bad - like a bunch of rednecks just stood there and had a good ole time drinking it up and then cast their empty bottles down where they were standing. At least there were no cigarette butts. (Quit that ten years ago). :)

And thanks canebrake, I do refresh myself with the carry articles from time to time.

6. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

Congrats on your achievement.
    It's a whole different feeling. :)

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Congratulations!!

Perfect. :cool:

8. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Good to hear you took the plunge.

Also nice to hear a woman who understand purse carry is only 20% effective. On your person is 100% available 100% of the time. None of the " OMG this could be bad, and the purse is across the room, or worse, in another room".

And, ladies with guns=HOT

9. themyst

themyst New Member

Duplicate Post

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  10. themyst

themyst New Member

LOL!! Goes for men, too ...

Hubs looks pretty sexy with his Beretta at his waist. :eek:

11. Jess

Jess New Member

YAY!!! I used to purse carry but it makes me too nervous. I have way too much crap in there.

12. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Congrats on your CCL and welcome to a responsible and security-minded group of citizens. :D

I have a question....does them beer bottles have to be in one piece to be recycled? They do make great targets for shooting practice if you have the range space. ;)

Jack

13. themyst

themyst New Member

LOL - And I can just imagine the freak-out scene in my house when hubs discovers purse lint in my barrel :eek:

Unfortunately, yes, they do have to be in one piece for recycling around here, so sometimes I'll throw a few rocks in a plastic bottle and plink at that, but otherwise, I just use paper bullseye targets. We have a great range out here and are usually the only ones there.

14. jimbobpissypants

jimbobpissypants New Member

15. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Michelob??? You are UPSCALE there lady! CONGRATS!!!

16. themyst

themyst New Member

LOL, Thanks! :eek: But hey, I still drive a Chevy truck (bought it before they became Government Motors though!)

17. cbw

cbw New Member

I went back to reread that since I was able to read it before, and now I cannot open it. NO access allowed? what;s up? :confused:

18. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG] you need to be a [​IMG][​IMG]

The read is worth the price of admission! (Gratuitous plug:p)

19. Viking

Viking Active Member

Congrats! My hope is that every gun owner that has their sh*t together, i.e. no freaky people, gets their ccw license. Multiple state if possible. It's great to own firearms and even better to be prepared by having a chambered round in a weapon that you can ccw almost everywhere, legally.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  20. Blackwaterkatz

Blackwaterkatz New Member

I applaud you on your decision, too. I've only once felt that I might have to use a weapon in self defense, and managed to de-escalate that situation, but it is comforting to know one has that option if needed. Right now I have both of my handguns on consignment with my local shop, and almost feel naked without one of them nearby. lol
    I have a new one ordered, though, so maybe I won't be naked for long...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010