I Heart me SR22

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by danolator, Nov 14, 2012.

1. danolator

danolator New Member

Just plinked 150 rounds tonight. What a great little gun this is. At first I wasn't impressed with this firearm, but now she's got 1,000+ rounds through it, she's broke and ridin' hard. What a great little practice gun.

2. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

Just picked me one up yesterday and I got to shoot 10 round in it. I did not have time or ammo to shoot. But I like it so far.

3. flybuddy

flybuddy New Member

I've had one for 6 months with thousands of round through it. First gun fired for my wife and daughter. Very consistent and reliable and you can run almost any type ammo with no FTFs.

4. danolator

danolator New Member

Gonna put a hundred rounds through mine today. Then another 100-200 rounds through my 10-22. Ruger knows .22LR.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

It is a fantastic gun. For a while they were extremely hard to get. I'm not a big fan of .22 handguns but I have to admit I like everything about the sr22. It should run whatever you feed it without issue.

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have a couple SR22s , They eat everything except sub sonics, they dont jam, they just dont have enough *** without a suppressor to cycle properly. saying that they need cleaned up around 500-600 rds or they will starting to have issues . I have roughly 1600 rds through one of them and it runs like a top.

7. aikimo

aikimo New Member

My wife and daughters love our sr22. Great little gun. Have tried lots of different ammo and no ftfs so far. I still waiting for my nics to clear so it is still at the range. We have about 600ish rounds through it without a cleaning and it still runs like a champ..

8. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

We have one and it's fun to shoot for sure.

9. Rich635mustang

Rich635mustang New Member

The SR22 doesn't seem too small for you guys/gals?

10. danolator

danolator New Member

That's what aids in the fun.

Also, I have a few hundred rounds of Ely subsonic through mine without a single cycling issue.

11. kjdeut

kjdeut New Member

Agree with all of the above, very fun gun to shoot and it has been very reliable . I am sold on Ruger's, they are great guns for a good price.

Ken

12. OldEagleEars

OldEagleEars New Member

Okay, just got a SR22 today for my Granddaughter to replace the pink Whitney Wolverine I gave her for Christmas last year. The Wolverine was unique and certainly a pleasure to hold but the extreme grip angle made feeding a problem so reliability was iffy. The magazines are very difficult to load and very expensive so while it was what she had wanted, it just wasn't meeting her needs. My LGS had the Rugers on sale and I had heard good things about the SR22's reliability so I bought her one and left the Wolverine with them on consignment. We are going to the range tomorrow so I'm hoping it works well for her and the verdampt mag disconnect doesn't become a problem.