I have trouble posting from my Ipod touch???

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by orangello, Mar 24, 2009.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

Whenever possible i post from my ipod touch using Wifi; i never seem to stay logged in after the first post i make. I usually only log in for a reply or single post, but with the growth of smaller web-surfing devices, this may present a problem for others at some point.

Suggestions for better continuity?

2. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

what is your main browser

3. orangello

orangello New Member

The Ipod is somewhat limited in that regard, it uses Safari. There are a few others available, but they are Safari-based from what i've read.

If i'm not on the Ipod, i'm using IE7 or IE6.

4. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

do you have any feature to save your password? it might be logging you out after every post or after a certain idle time. i use firefox and i can have it save my passwords to every account if i want it to

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

This is because the ipod drops the connections to the net I believe when you not doing anything but looking at a web page. I am not totally sure on this as I don't have the ipod touch.

PS drop IE6 there are so many holes in that thing it wouldn't even work as a colander.

6. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

You need to click Remember Me? when you login.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Thanks, I'll give this a shot later today. What i forgot to mention is that another vbulletin-based forum i frequent functions flawlessly with the Ipod posting, well as flawlessly as typing over the radio to a distant computer can reasonably be.