I have to say this would be alot of fun...

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Shade, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Shade

Shade New Member

Now I would not really class this as sportsmen like hunting but in parts of the
    country these vermin are a real problem. They are not indigenous and are
    destroying the ecosystem and crops. But looks like fun...

[ame=http://vimeo.com/21181307]HELI-HOG'N on Vimeo[/ame]

Now all you need is a M-60 with tracers. Would tracers ruin the meat?:rolleyes:

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

I find that sad, disgusting, and disgraceful.... from a sporting viewpoint.

If it's legal, and a severe pest species (which they totally are), I can't really whole heartedly condemn it. I just wouldn't participate, I'd have to leave it to someone else.

It's not really sporting to bomb a house with insecticide to kill roaches either.... But it must be done.

I would hope that they would try to pick up some of the pigs though. That's good hide, and the meat could go to homeless shelters.

3. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

This sort of thing turns more and more people against hunting and hunters.:mad:

I have no idea if this is legal, but if it's not legal, I hope Fish and Game in Texas use the video as evidence and track down the folks involved. California Department of Fish and Game have used self posted videos and photos to successfully go after wildlife crimes - kudos to them for being resourceful.

On a similar note, the U.S. Congress has endorsed a similar slaughter of Roosevelt Elk on Santa Rosa Island in the once great state of California, thanks to Senator Dianne Feinstein and Senator Barbara Boxer.:mad: Read more about that government endorsed removal of an important gene bank here: NRA-ILA ::

4. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

"in parts of the
    country these vermin are a real problem. They are not indigenous and are
    destroying the ecosystem"

This could be said about cats but it is not politically correct so you don't here about it.

5. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

As of Sept.1 2011,It is legal here in Texas to hunt Non-Game species by air.

We have an estimated 2.5 million feral hogs in this state,and they do billions of dollars of damage to farms,ranches,and personal property.
    Feral hogs are a major problem here,and in many other states.It is almost impossible to put a dent into their population by regular hunting.They are mainly nocturnal,and you have to really get down and dirty to hunt them on the ground.
    Hogs are a very smart animal,and they learn fast what,when,and where to avoid.

Hunting feral hogs by air wasn't meant to be sporting.It is needed to help put a dent in the huge problem that we have with them.

If all the candy a$$es don't agree with this method,I'd be happy to bring a trailer full of these pigs to their little piece of paradise,and turn them loose in their little manicured lawns.Then we'd see if they care how they are taken care of.

6. Shade

Shade New Member

Hey, if someone counted them all why didn't they just keep 'em penned up?

(just kidding...:rolleyes:;))

7. chrispy

chrispy New Member

Looks like fun to me. Where do I sign up?

8. ACRhino

ACRhino New Member

I used to hunt feral hogs in texas with my buddies dogs ... those things are monsters. They will go after people, have attacked children, will eat meat, kill small game, go after deer, destroy property and food sources for other animals, foul water sources and spread disease to other animals and can easily reach 500lbs or more. They should be killed with any means possible. There is nothing native to most of the country that hunts them, they could easily kill a black bear or cougar, and will attack in packs. If anyone says these things deserve to live in peace or be left alone they are not informed at all. I would carpet bomb them if I could personally.

9. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

It's not just videos like the one being discussed in this thread that's literally killing the sport of hunting and firearm ownership and use.

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

NO thanks !!! , kill them however need be we dont need any of them in IL :D
    The only good hog is the one in my skillet that tastes like bacon

11. orangello

orangello New Member

LIGHTBULB!!! :D Two birds with one stone; let's get them to start dumping the problem bears from Yellowstone Zoo in areas with large hog populations then shoot whatever wins the scrap.

12. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

Every hog hunting show on tv that Ive watch they all try run them down with dogs and catch them alive. Someone at work told me they catch them to sell them to trophy hunt camps to have someone else hunt it in a nice fenced in parcel. I say shootem.

I think it was just on Lady Hoggers, she caught a huge boar that was a problem. But instead of catching it or killing it she just castrated it. Sure it wont sire any future pigs, but it will still reak havok on farm land and livestock.

13. ACRhino

ACRhino New Member

Why don't you watch yourself a few episodes of "American Hoggers" ondemand ... there are 4 or 5 there to see.

14. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Sure thins em out if you ask me...........