i have this Glock ?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by peabody, Aug 22, 2010.

1. peabody

peabody New Member

yes, i own a glock, :D

but i've only ever seen ''one'' that looked like mine.

the slide is worn, but i thinks its a G17L, at leasts, thats what a tag , on one said in the store at cabelas in nebraska.

its a 9mm, with a six inch barrel, i putt a wolf stainless barrel in it, and a 3.5 trigger.
    shoots great.

peabody

2. indyfan

indyfan New Member

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Thanks for the update.

4. peabody

peabody New Member

sorry, no picture. im not very computer savvy.

5. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

smiley-signs011.gif
    office.gif

6. peabody

peabody New Member

ha.

sorry no pic. if i had a picture, i'ed try to post it.

im stuck out here on the road, with a laptop , and a phone stick. nothing else.

sure sorry.

peabody

p.s. just think of a glock 17 with long slide and barrel. that'ed be it.

7. MB44

MB44 New Member

Does it look something like the pistol below ???
    I used to own one while I lived in Denmark. They have this funny gun law that the firearms has to have a minimum size, thus the regular model 17 does not comply, - thus I bought the 17L. I didn't really like it, and I prefer the regular 17, but that was all I could get a that time. Later while I was in Chile and had the gun stored at the gun club in Denmark, it was stolen/robbed during a war between the Hells Angels and Bandidos who used the guns they stole for a turf war that was going on at that time. I call from time to time the Danish Police to see if they havefound it,.. but I guess it is long gone...

How did you get your hands on one ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  8. peabody

peabody New Member

shazam !!!! yep thats it !!! exactly !!!
    mine was kinda worn looking, bought it from a guy who needed beer money.[sheesh] ran the numbers , it was good.
    sent it to glock, they completly rebuilt it, it looks like some kind of military markings on the slide.

it sure it a hoot to shoot, with high quality ammo, that extra barrel length.. really kicks the velocity up there.

like i've said, the only other one i've ever seen was in the glass case at cabelas in nebraska.

as far as accuracy goes, its really easy to putt a magazine into 2 inches at 25 yards.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  9. peabody

peabody New Member

funny thing is ? when glock sent it back.. they replaced EVERYTHING.

new frame , everything. only thing not changed was the slide.

they even sent me back my old frame. and a newer ? red glock box .[storage box]

i putt a wolf 6 inch stainless barrel in it, and wow ! she shoots fantastic .

its my favorite pistol to shoot.

peabody

10. melie

melie New Member

Looks like a first gen frame.

11. russ

russ New Member

I was in my Cabela's today doing a little window shopping. I saw one just like that and the tag said M17L. It only caught my eye because it was different looking.

12. Geezer02

Geezer02 New Member

Glock returned the old frame?

13. Logan2302

Logan2302 New Member

If you have a G17L first gen, that's one to keep for sure. I sold my first gen 17 with much regret later! :(

14. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Logan, better watch out. Your signature line is hate speech. I know the words are Jefferson's, but...just sayin'.

Sounds like GLOCK really came through with some amazing customer service. They probably all took a look at it around the shop since since that Gen1 17L is so novel in these parts, apparently!

15. Logan2302

Logan2302 New Member

It I don't believe it was hatefully intended by Jefferson, and I know it wasn't from me. That said your probably right. I'll fix that tonight.

I'm sorry to bring unneeded attention to this forum, but be assured, I'm checked regularly by certain 'bureaus' and no worries. USA is still the greatest in the world!!!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  16. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Whoa whoa whoa!!!!!!

Don't change it. I was employing sarcasm because of the current oversensitive crap about the "political tone."

There is a saying that you are not paranoid if "they" are really after you. Well, there is rhetoric of revolution because there could actually come a time that revolution is the only remedy. Jefferson knew it and patriots know it now.

Come on, Logan, thicker skin. Stay true to what you believe. A wise woman recently said, "Don't retreat. Reload."

17. Logan2302

Logan2302 New Member

I'm ok. Some people ARE politically oversensitive these days. I enjoy a good debate!!

I'll get settled in soon. Just bear with me.

18. doose

doose New Member

What did it say???