Firearms Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone made me an offer that I could not refuse today. We expended some of my ammo stash and swapped money for plastic. I have never had a real desire to own a plastic pistol, but I can't help but liking this, just a little....Used, but very lightly.
DSCN1199.JPG

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Welcome to the TACTICOOL Cool Kids club!! :p:D

·
Premium Member
11,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the future. You'll be an operator in no time :)
Range toy. I will continue to carry my little old 8 shot compact 1911. However, I did like the idea of having the Trifecta of common military automatic handguns of the last 100 years, 1911, 92, and the Sig.

·
Administrator
34,164 Posts
Your sin is forgiven.

·
Premium Member
11,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: RJF22553

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Have a Colt 1911 Model 70 Government Model and a Beretta 92FS: those were essentially the two issue handguns when I was in the Army. I personally have no interest in the Sig since I was long retired when they came out (also I'm not a Striker-fired pistol fan). The 1911 and 92FS bring back pleasant memories.

Also, no fan of the AR platform: Mini-14s rule! M1 Garand in JROTC, M14 in SROTC.

·
Premium Member
14,131 Posts
Once you step off the straight and narrow things start happening you did not plan for. Next will be an AR or AK.:rolleyes: The devil made me do it.

Reactions: PANDEMIC

·
Premium Member
11,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since it's got a rail on it, the Club requires him to start hanging lasers, flashlights, the skulls of his enemies, etc. off the bottom of it.
I like to travel light; that is without light, laser or other bells and whistles. Maybe a small bayonet, but that is about all. ;)

Reactions: Oldoutlaw

·
Premium Member
11,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please let us know how well it shoots when you get a chance.
It is a good gun, no doubt. I have shot it and it did fine, no problems. Like all of my other modern guns, the gun is more accurate than I am. When I don't shoot well, and sometimes I don't, it is never because of the firearm. I was grouping respectably on the target at 50', so it could be a viable defensive weapon for me.

Being used to shooting 1911s, the bulk of, even the smaller, frame doesn't feel right, but if I shot it on a regular basis, I think I would get used to it quickly. As far as I am concerned, it is too big to carry concealed unless I was bundled up for cold weather. In any case, I have been completely happy carrying a 1911 for the last 30 years. Everything about carrying and shooting the type has become natural to me, my routine is hard-wired, so I am not looking to change.

Having over 20 rounds available is interesting, but when I am shooting targets, I usually only load five rounds, no matter what I am shooting. It keeps me from getting carried away with the fun of shooting and not paying attention to the basics.

I certainly did not need another semi-auto pistol, especially in 9MM, but I am way past the "need" stage of firearms, but it gives me joy to add to my modest collection. I would rather have a new pistol in the safe than another $500.00 in the bank.

Reactions: RJF22553 and kbd512
1 - 14 of 14 Posts