I have joined the family

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Rare Faction, May 6, 2009.

1. Rare Faction

Rare Faction New Member

Finally managed to secure employment down here, so I treated myself to a new (to me) Kimber Warrior. Picked it up for a great price, fit and finish are excellent, as is to be expected. Only wear appears to be minor on the thumb safety, which I'm not too concerned about Havn't had a chance to make it to the range yet, but that should happen tomorrow or Friday. I've got 100rds of PMC 230grain FMJ ready to put it through it's paces.

Since every thread is useless without pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Only thing I don't love are the grips, which while functional, are (IMO) ugly as sin. I've been eyeing Sarge's buffalo-horn-over-bloodwood set though, but that gets to wait for a bit

If it shoots even half as good as it looks, I'm a 1911 fan for life
    -Joel

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Congratulations on the purchase. I think you’re right some new grips will really make a big difference. In fact if you ask me the wood of the table it’s sitting on would make great looking grips.

3. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

Looks good to me! How I long for a kimber....some day I will have one.

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Nice, Joel, very nice. We have a range report section now, so take the camera and write a report in that section. Gotta have the range report.

SC

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Excellent choice. A coworker had one for awhile & it was a great shooting pistol.

Not a single problem with it.... until he went and got the damn thing stolen like a dumbass......:rolleyes:

Looking forward to the Range Report....

JD

6. Rare Faction

Rare Faction New Member

Thanks for the comments all =) Range Report will come sometime tomorrow, wife wants some more time behind her P22 so I've gotta wait 'til she's free

7. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

congrats VERY nice , I am jealous :mad: I have two kimbers now and am browsing for another :D I have seen a custom elite but it was soo pretty I don't think I would use it

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG] to the great world of 1911 pattern pistols!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. propex

propex New Member

Welcome Brother, enjoy that nice looking pistol and congrats on the job

10. Rare Faction

Rare Faction New Member