I have joined the club!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by SGT-MILLER, Aug 13, 2009.

1. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Well, I finally joined the club today.

May I present to you my brand new Kimber Custom II .45 ACP with extra 8-round Kimber Tac-Mags.

I'm cheesin.......:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Holy Smoke Sarg!! Its soooo pretty!! Welcome to the club!!

3. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

Very nice. I dont like the look of the end of the magazine. Its..blah.
    Everything else looks good.

S.S.

4. opaww

opaww New Member

That is mighty fine looking handgun there.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Well it's about damn time! :D

Congratulations on the purchase. I am betting you are going to love the way she shoots.

Looking for your Range Report soldier!!

JD

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Congrats fella. The first 1911 (it won't be the last) is always special. Lube it up good and shoot the heck out of it. I always run new 1911s a bit "wet" at first to get them dialed in.

BTW, other folks may not agree but I use Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil on all of mine and I've never had a problem.

My local forum has a name for the club we belong to, the SSEC (single stack elitist club)...

7. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Thanks guys.

I'm excited that I finally got a decent 1911. I got it for 700 dollars, which I feel is a steal for a good, new Kimber (that's the reason I got it).

I'm going to have fun at the range. I've always shot good with standard, no-frills, budget 1911s, so I'm eager to see how good I'll do behind this beast.

A Nighthawk it ain't but it's a least in the neighborhood.

I will say that I'm impressed with the fit and finish after giving it a real close inspection.

:cool:

P.S. I've owned a 1911 before (a Rock Island Armory 1911 with no frills) and it sucked as far as quality, but until it performed it's epic fail, it shot pretty good.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

$700 is a great price for that weapon. I think you are going to really enjoy the way it feels and shoots.

Why does everyone have to bring up my poor Nighthawks - They are so lonely over here....:cool::eek:

I'm just saying.....

JD

9. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Sarge,

Can you post more of that hot sexiness of a firearm, please? :D

10. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter New Member

Nice. I would ditch those grips and put some nice rosewood ones on it. Your pistol will appreciate it and be much more reliable and friendly to you.

11. JoshX3Magazine

JoshX3Magazine New Member

Awesome gun! Congrats!

Can't wait to hear how it shoots! Range report and more pics!

Josh

12. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

That's right. It's good quote, and I live by it. Know that I HAVE a Kimber, I'd better get to training.

Once I HAVE a Nighthawk, I'm gonna train with that too.

:D

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Congrats Sarge!! That's a nice looking 1911 for sure. I bet you'll love it!

I can't wait to join the club with my pro cdp II!!!

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You are not far away my brother, if you want to take a drive, and compare models head to head, for your own information, I would LOVE TO TAKE PART!!

JD

15. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. Enjoy that rascal. :cool:

16. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Congratulations, Sarge! How about shooting some videos with that new Kimber?

It looks great, wood grips might be a good idea.

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

A dark and white set of Eastern Diamondback rattler stocks would set that puppy off-the-hook! (PM me for the right guy to fix you up with the rattler grips!)

Congrats SGT, to the real JMB fraternity!

You will never look back. Once bitten by the original 1911 pattern pistol it's near impossible to go back to anything other than novelty guns!

When the Montana winter closes in on you and you long for shortsleave shirts get on a plane and get down here to the canebrake Hilton on the Lake and I'll show you the next step up from your Kimber!

Spend a day, or a week and we will shoot to our heart's content!

Real 1911 for the WIN!!!

18. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

That's forkin' suh-WHEET, and having stood before several gun cases holding Kimber 1911's chubbin', you really did steal that baby.

19. Jetswick2

Jetswick2 New Member

My Kimber

I have a lot of guns and shoot them all a lot. Although I have some that are a lot more expensive, there is nothing I love more then my Kimber Eclipse Target II. Comfortable, extreamly accurate and never never fails, PERIOD, WELL, since I replaced the mag with a kimPro mag. Stock mag would jam. KimPro mag goes and goes and goes. Can't even make it jam. Enjoy your new Kimber

20. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Don't tempt me...lol!

It would be an epic range visit. People would be taking pictures and autographs.