I have found out.....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Steel_Talon, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

That Hummingbirds are mean drunks........

Yesterday a long time friend and I decided to experiment with keeping wasps away from our Hummingbird feeders, of course we were well into our own cups when we decided to ponder the Scientific Method....

After all was discussed and proper math applied we added a tall shot of Fireball Whiskey to the simple syrup my little diabetic buddies have come to rely upon at the Hacienda de' Steel...

It was quickly discovered that they didn't disagree with the mix, and were genuinely captivated by it as evidenced by their chirping, posturing and failing to jet off any great distance. Which is against there normal behavior. Buzz in and buzz out...

The Hummers began to banter amongst themselves, quarrels started, lines were drawn then all-out Debauchery quickly ensued. They carried on a brutal "King of the Hill" battle itty bitty feathers flew about, beaks became foils, Their gyro's were malfunctioning causing some sketchy flight control issues. And they were attempting to dive-bomb myself and my friend. Not because of proximity to their saloon and boon-docker. "Just because"

I can only imagine the hangovers their nursing.....:eek:

I have no idea what happened to the wasps. Prior to this party the hummers would be kept away from the feeders by the wasps.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

don't get hummingbirds drunk!:p

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

If you do that again, get a badminton racquet.....:D

4. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Thats why my little guy had the hiccups. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

5. Axxe55

was he feeding at Steel Talon's hummingbird feeder?:eek:

6. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

I'm not really sure, but he came home in a taxi???:confused:

7. Axxe55

well at least he was a responsible hummingbird!:p

8. orangello

orangello New Member

Methinks my cats would really enjoy that experiment. :D

9. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

This is the best thing I've heard all day!

10. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

Steel, I'm sure you carded all those hummers. There is a stiff fine for contributing to underage hummers! I bet you even had a ity bity poker table set up. Bad form, truly truly bad form.:cool:

11. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Methinks your cats might have had new zippers ripped in their butts by an army of drunken hummingbirds! :eek::D:D:D

12. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Well the hummers are coming back, no worse for the wear it seems.. However three new females have shown up! I hope their not working girls;)

As for the poker table question, it would of never survived the brawl on the dance floor. I'm 100% serious when I say they are mean in your face drunks.

Flynt is pretty much spot on with his above thoughts.