I have an idea

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Evil_Angel, May 7, 2014.

1. Evil_Angel

Evil_Angel New Member

Guys, I am going to build my own hand gun. I have a plan for a very crude hand gun. Let's hope I don't blow my hand up.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

please do a video, so when it blows up, others will know what not to do!

3. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Famous last words :) Good luck bud! Let me know if you need any help.

4. Axxe55

911 on speed dial might be a good suggestion!:D

5. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

HaHa! It's like the robot in Iron man that has the fire extinguisher

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Have at it. Remote firing is your friend (A vise and a LOOOOONG string) when test firing.

Remember, unless it is a ball-and-cap, you need a rifled barrel, otherwise the Feds will come rain on your parade for making a "Short Barreled Rifle".

7. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Popcorn popped, 148 oz. soda filled, and subscribed.:D This should be good!

8. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Not trying to be a Smart mouth, but dare I ask for what reason?

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, other folks have done it. Not real well, safe or accurate, but done.

Staple-Gun-zipgun-improvised-weapon-1024x768.jpg

10. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

Just go get a Hi-Point and have a reliable pistol for $150. This is really dumb idea.

11. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Ummmmm ..............

Is this your last post, did you make out a last will and testament, have you entered your name for a seeing eye dog..........Does your insurance cover what your doing. Just curious..............:eek:......

12. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, this can be done but will require proper tools and a lot of research to do legally and safely. Others mentioned that you must use a barrel with rifling for legality. Also, you cannot cut a rifle down into a pistol.

Ask lots of questions, do a lot of research, don't cut corners, don't get in trouble, don't get hurt and keep us posted.

13. Evil_Angel

Evil_Angel New Member

Okay, I said crude. Take what you think to be a crude pistol, then make it more like a flint lock pistol, then remove half the parts, and that's my general idea. For now. In terms of it blowing up, I doubt I will be able to put that much powder in it. It will operate similarly to a flint lock, loaded up powder and bullet separately. I doubt I will ever use enough to blow it up.

Eventually, I will build something more like a liberator.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  14. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

you will be lucky if it is just your hand that gets blown off

Wile E Coyote comes to mind........................

15. Evil_Angel

Evil_Angel New Member

Nah, I'll fire it remotely the first few times.

16. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

17. Beezer

Beezer Member

How can he operate a computer to upload video when he has no hands?

18. Evil_Angel

Evil_Angel New Member

Why are you all so mean? It won't blow up, I'm to careful. And I know, that makes me sound like an idiot, but I'm not stupid, I'm not going to use much powder. Most damage it will do is a very bad burn when i try to pick it up.

19. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Just as long as you realize that a post like this meets the eyes of some of the older shooters here and sounds a lot like "Hey, hold my beer and watch this shiz." And most of us have been around long enough to have seen enough of those turn into a 911 call.

I would again encourage you to do a lot of research. Powder burn rates and pressures vary a lot from pistol, and shotgun powders to rifle powders, and black powder.

Lots of "crude guns" are made around the world that don't end up killing or maiming their creators, or users. But then again, a lot do. Just remember it's a lot like a controlled pipe bomb that you are describing.

For the time and effort involved, you would be better off buying a black powder pistol kit, or an existing firearm. also check local, state and federal laws, on possession. If you are under 21 having possession of a handgun may not be leagal where you live, while some states will allow it though they don't allow sales of handguns to minors.

I don't know your age, and that is just one example of things to look out for.

20. Axxe55

Voice Recognition!:p