Firearms Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hard to say, but a quick search found some that had sold for about $50. I was given a Remington 514 and after decoding the date, it was made in 1951. Even in good condition they rarely bring more than $100-$125. I was kinda disappointed, thinking it might have been a real gem. But it shoots good! Not really liking the whole single shot thing though.

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
Hard to say, but a quick search found some that had sold for about $50. I was given a Remington 514 and after decoding the date, it was made in 1951. Even in good condition they rarely bring more than $100-$125. I was kinda disappointed, thinking it might have been a real gem. But it shoots good! Not really liking the whole single shot thing though.
You wantin to sell that 514?

Op pics of the gun would help us judge its value

·
Banned
14,919 Posts
I had a S&R bolt action shotty awhile ago, I think Stevens made it (it was embossed on the barrel). I was afraid to shoot it and just a few months ago I sold it for $200.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
You wantin to sell that 514?

Op pics of the gun would help us judge its value
Nah, I'ma teach my daughters how to shoot a bolt action on that in a few years. (they are 9 and 11 currently, and the 11 year old took to shooting so naturally that I was literally left speechless)

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I had a S&R bolt action shotty awhile ago, I think Stevens made it (it was embossed on the barrel). I was afraid to shoot it and just a few months ago I sold it for $200.
Wow you got $200 for a $75 shotgun? Great job!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
My Dad has a Sears single shot 22 rifle bolt action,not much demand for the single shot bolt actions...But I sure wouldn't let one go for less than a 125.00,they are nice little youth trainers and build quality's very good.

·
Banned
14,919 Posts
Wow you got $200 for a $75 shotgun? Great job!
I sold it at the San Francisco gun buyback a few weeks ago. It was taking up valuable space in my safe and I couldn't just throw it away.

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
That is like asking what your Ford 4 door is worth. We would need a bunch more info, but generally speaking single shot bolt guns with off brand labels do not bring much.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
What does everyone have against S&R? My buddy has a S&R 12 pump that I'd take over an 870 any day. I absolutely love that thing and he will not sell it to me!

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
There is a store brand cross over list sticky in the General Rifle section. you can look up the actual company that manufactured your Sears or other store brand rifles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts