I have a dream...

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Gizord1, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

That one day, I can once again stroll into Walmart, look at their large, fully stocked ammo shelves, buy a box of .22lr for about $4, go home, and plink in the back yard all day...

2. dan01

dan01 New Member

Things will get better in a couple of months.....

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

keep the faith brother! i think it's going to get better pretty soon, i hope!

4. AR10

AR10 New Member

It is different this time. This time, we have a president, that has a goal of disarming the people. He has a web site to disarm us. He has minions to disarm us.

It will get a lot worse, before it gets a lot better, I fear.

5. Shannon1976

Shannon1976 New Member

I have the same dream. I just bought two ARs and cant find ammo or extra mags.

6. Barney1023

Barney1023 New Member

Yea same here just got a new 22 myself and feel like I have to ration rounds. This really sucks I'd love to go wax a bulk pack at the range.

7. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

My dad managed to score a box of 500 aguila .22s, a couple weeks ago. I used to target shoot everyday, so I stayed good at it, but you can't find any .22 ammo anymore.

8. tnel74

tnel74 New Member

AMEN! Jeez it's ridiculous

9. TNFrank

TNFrank New Member

I can understand 9x19mm, 40S&W and maybe 45acp being out of stock because of the large purchases that DHS and other Military agencies have made recently but 22lr, come on now. That's just crazy that you can't find a brick of inexpensive 22lr for $20 bucks like you could just a few months ago.
    Until then here's a great idea that I did to keep shooting. Pick up a good quality 22 air rifle and stock up on some pellets and just have a good time putting 22 size holes in targets for cheap. :D

10. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

My local WalMart, is still out of .22lr, .45 and .223, but is beginning to get some 180gr Federal HP ammo, some .357 and .38spl. They have Federal 12ga slugs but no 00 buck and there is plenty of bird shot available..

11. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 New Member

I did the same thing. I grabbed a GAMMO 177 rifle that had the same stock measurements as my 30-06. I always try to mimic the stocks on large bore rifles when I set up my 22lr and air rifles

12. Blackbeard1718

Blackbeard1718 New Member

Definition of a Good Neighbor.....

..... a guy that calls you when he's at Academy Sports, and asks if you need any .223 American Eagle 55gr, that they have on the Shelf! 3 Boxes later, and I'm a Happy Camper! [​IMG]

Yeah..... this Ammo thing is the craziest I've seen in 50 years.

Cheers!

BB

13. semperfi666

semperfi666 New Member

Well when I went to my local gun store looking for some 22 ammo I found it but didn't get any because it was 23.50 for 50 rounds I wanted it but thought it was to steep

14. BUCSFAN99

BUCSFAN99 New Member

Second week of January a friend at work told me of a honey hole he had found for .22. It was at a hardware store called Atwood's. It is a pretty common hardware store here in Oklahoma. They didn't have it on the shelves. What they did was keep a 50 count box of each type that they had in the back on the shelf in the customer service booth. I went in and asked if they had any bricks of it in the back, the lady called on the radio/walkie, and some guy in the back room said he had over 50 bricks of the one particular brand I was asking about so I said I would take 5. They were only $19.96 per 500 count brick. 3 for me and 2 for my brother. When the guy walked up I asked him how many they had in the back between all the brands and he said well over 100 bricks. Sent another friend up there the following week and they were all gone...

Good news for me was when I brought my 3 bricks home I decided to go thru my shooting stuff to see how many AR mags I could take to the gun show to sell and I found another 2500+ rounds that I forgot that I had. So with 4000+ rounds I'm not too worried about taking my 3 sons plinking, but I'll have to limit them a little now.

15. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Good deal, man!

16. BUCSFAN99

BUCSFAN99 New Member

Thanks Gizord! I guess I could have made it shorter but just saying for folks to check Atwood's if they have one in their area. Lol!

17. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

Or go to walmart ask for 223 and not have them laugh like youve made a funny joke

18. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

I may just be crazy, but a few weeks ago I had a dream that I found ammo... No joke, I was freaking out because they had 22lr, but then I woke up... Darn!