I hate the army

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by woody63m, Jan 26, 2012.

1. woody63m

woody63m New Member

Am suppose to medically retire feb28 i am on leave untile then but i have had some medical problems arise that could kill me before then i have another fistula that is leaking intestinal fluid and the scar tissue in my abdomen is getting more sensative by the day this morning one of the scars on my stomach turned the same color as the fluids on my bandages so im kinda freaking out the army is running me in circles to the same doctors that wont do anything i think they are trying to kill me last year they moved me to ft eustis along way away from my doctors in ft hood that did my surgeries and knows all about my situation they havent done a dam thing for me here i think they want me dead so they dont have to pay my retirement they wont listen they wont help WTF do i do i NEED HELP!!!!!!!

2. woody63m

woody63m New Member

Ive given 5 years of my life to this country and this is how the goverment repays me thank you uncle sam i see you really take care of your soldiers

3. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

Contact your Congressman!!!! The Army doesn't like investigations. If your congressman is good he will take care of it as soon as you hang up the phone.

4. opaww

opaww New Member

This......

5. Wanabe

Wanabe New Member

+1 how horrible

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  6. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

I would say go to a local emergency room but your bills would be insane. Still if the army wont help and yku cant get a congress man to help it might be your only chance. Btw thank you for your service. Even if the government wont give you respect i know everyone on this forum will.

7. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

My brother in law currently in Afganistan is going through simialar sh*t as you are as far he's stay in really bad pain from the botched surgery he had.They keep running him in circles as well and wants to send him to pain management instead of doing another surgery . I thinks it's awfully shaddy how you 2 are being treated . I got the runaround till I finally got a medical discharge from the Navy .

8. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

That seems like the best solution.

I wish you the best man.

9. gwk4667

gwk4667 New Member

I don't know where you are but I have been treated at three VA hospitals and I feel I have had the best care possible.

Get your DD214 and go to the closest VA hospital and go to the emergency room.

I am in central Indiana and have used the Marion, Ft Wayne and Indianapolis facilities - - - great staff and they will preform much better than any civilian facility I have ever been to.

I will repeat get your DD214 and go to the closest VA hospital and go to the emergency room.

10. woody63m

woody63m New Member

I could turn septic and DIE before i get my dd214

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

Don't die, go to the ER if it looks that bad. I really think that the best you can hope for, and the quickest that you can hope for, is to get out and go to the VA.

If a congress critter helps you, that's great, but it still may be quicker to get to the VA.

If there is a VA near you, you can try to go there now, but I don't know how that would work.

The bills will suck if you go to a civilian doctor, but you can fight it. I don't know how much success you would have in doing so, but you have to do what you can to survive, even if you end up filing bankruptcy in the end.

12. woody63m

woody63m New Member

I am still in the army and as long as i am i am not gonna take no for an anwser they ARE GOING TO HELP ME i have talked to a few critical people who are important enough to make these decisions they are gonna help me if its the last thing i do i didnt survive all this crap to die now i have an appountment with the COL who is in charge of the medical side of my unit i will post again when i have more info and i this doesnt work in calling in the congressman people

13. gwk4667

gwk4667 New Member

Then you must have your Military ID card - - -take that to the nearest VA hospital and get care on the spot!

14. Gator45

Gator45 New Member

Does this problem stem from this incident
    and did this happen outside of military
    operations. If so, you could be denied medical retirement and
    be in more trouble.
    I could be uninformed, maybe you were robbed or victim of crime. I don't know.
    Maybe if we had more info.

15. Jared

Jared New Member

your tri-care covers civilian docs. Dont be an idiot and go to one, you might have to pay the $12 co-pay but get over it.

16. woody63m

woody63m New Member

I already got the retirement my last day in the army is feb 28 all my rtirement paper work is done

17. orangello

orangello New Member

Dude, that does suck! Go bug the VA until they treat you right. If they won't then go to the regular hospital to at least get an evaluation of your condition's stability or lack thereof.

18. woody63m

woody63m New Member

I saw a surgeon today and i will see my surgeon in a week the surgeon i saw today told me i would be okay untile i see my surgeon so hopefukly i can get this stuff worked out

19. woody63m

woody63m New Member

So i got promoted its SGT Woodfin now even though my last day is feb 28

20. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Are they trying to keep you in or was it just a random promotion?