I hate TAX Season

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I just filled out the TurboTax and as usual, we owe for both state and federal.

2. pratt86

pratt86 New Member

3. Bigcountry02

Nope! Dogs do not count!

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Big Country,

For those that thinks our government is fair!
    We pay taxes on our income each week by paychecks
    We pay tax on top of that for our yearly wages for by April of the following year.
    We pat tax on sales tax our cars our homes and all other items
    We pay tax on Car Plates
    We pay tax on boat and trailer plates
    Real Estate Property Tax
    Sales Tax for items we buy
    Tax on capital gains if we sell anything
    We pay tax on those items we already payed taxes on more than once for family inheritance issues
    Some States have a Death Tax. While you are dying to keep from paying taxes~ LOL!
    You have to file a W-9 tax form if you sell anything over $600 to an other individual
    Your kids and family required to pay inheritance tax on things you have paid multiple times on already. BS!
    I guess that is why I am totally Pis--d when they give jets and trillions of our tax payers dollars to outside countries and those that are completely on the free entitlement programs. Like Egypt and other countries that never support us anyway.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I pray I get money back this year. My son is getting married in Jamaica on May 29th. It's a long swim if I can't afford airfare. [​IMG]

6. Bigcountry02

I know! Just venting!

Do not forget the price of everything is going up, i.e. food, merchandise, etc.

Also, add Abrams tanks to the list of merchandise going to Egypt and then add 155 Million to Syria for aid. Money borrowed from China to send else where.

7. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

I'm with you BigCountry, we owe Federal every year. I leave the W-2's on the counter until the first week if April as to not ruin my mood the first few months of the new year.

Sniper - don't get me started on all of the taxes paid and money we give out. Especially knowing what I paid in taxes already plus owe more AND we have immigration "reform" being rammed down our throats.:mad:

In December I registered my truck and paid $328.00 of which only $72 was related to the registration. The rest was taxes for school, property etc...Keep in mind this is an annual amount for me to have the right to drive my car!

8. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

How else is Obama and both parties to recklessly spend on themselves?

9. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Ever tried going to HR Block and comparing to Turbo Tax results?

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

What are you implying here?

11. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

We use H&R Block and we still get screwed. Last year my wife and i jointly got 1200 bucks, i think we owed 200 to state and we had one kid at the time.

I swear if i hear my lazy ass sister in law brag about her 9k tax check this year im gonna punch her in the face!

12. orangello

orangello New Member

I knew an auditor who ran checked a guy for sales tax and asked about a dependant who disappeared after a few years (out of statute years); the taxpayer explained that the dog had died of natural causes and was no longer claimed.

13. orangello

orangello New Member

I do agree with your unhappiness about how our tax dollars are often squandered. I don't mind paying some rent, but the landlord better put some of it on the paint job & plumbing.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  14. Bigcountry02

Done both software last year and the amounts we owed was right on.

We owed $1460 for Feds and $633 for state! Doubled from last year.

15. orangello

orangello New Member

I'm no fan of H&R Block, but i had friends in grad school who worked there on a temp basis. The good thing about having someone else work up your tax return is their objectivity and freshness to the data. You want the other person to notice mistakes you didn't.

16. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

Turbo Tax is part of Intuit who has been dropping credit card transactions for some FFL's. I have chosen not to use any of their products anymore.

17. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Anyone who gets $7,000 dollar tax returns is not very smart. That only means you are loaning the Feds $600 bucks of your money interest free every month you work. How smart is that. You should have zero in returns.
    And they are most likely paying some credit card company 18% a month interest because they are short on income.:eek:

18. rurak

rurak New Member

I'm a self employed electrician ..... I got over 10k back last year. I pay quarterly because I don't want to pay a penalty. I have lots of write offs ... its nice to know I will have some play money and some to fall back on if work slows up. In my opinion a return is a good thing

19. davva360

davva360 New Member

Single dad of 1 child. I file head of household. I already submitted my return to be filed whenever they open the floodgates and I will get a small refund, mainly because I don't claim my son on my W4. I don't believe in over paying much but would rather get a little bit back than owe.

I use TaxAct.com and have done for a few years.

20. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

Not me. My wife and I have pretty standard fed/income filings and our local tax guy makes sure we get money back each year. Dont rely on freaking Turbo Tax. My wife realized she was cheating herself out of $1000 every year before we got married and I introduced her to my guy!

Its a smart return on investment. $150 or whatever they charge could yield you WELL over $1k