I Hate Guns!!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Going on a walkabout.

The wife's cousin, his name is Rodney, but he prefers to be called Moonbeam, will be house sitting.

Here's the deal.

Rod..errr..Moonbeam, has access to my account here. He is a 40 something rabidly liberal anti gun guy.

This is what I need from you guys.

I want to take him to the shop upon my return, and I want him to gladly purchase a gun.

He's going to argue with you. He may seem repugnant to you. I DO NOT want him flamed, I want him exposed to logic and treated with respect.

Let's see how you guys do, and thanks ahead of time.

BB

2. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Heyyy, man. Moonbeam here.

First, let me do something with the picture thingy in the corner....

3. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Coooll...

Now. Like, why do you guys need those clips that hold like, a bizillion rounds?

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Welcome Moonbeam.

Can I safely assume that being as you have taken a bit of a naturalistic path through life that you probably have not spent any time in the military and that you probably did not receive any firearms or archery training at summer camp. Anything like that in your past?

5. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

And, like, that 2A thing, that's like for the National Guard, right?

6. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Like, nah, man. I burnt my draft card, war isn't the answer, man.

Cousin Benny is worried that someone is gonna open a meth lab on my patchouli farm, and wants me to have protection. But I figure I can always, like, just call the fuzz, right?

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Well you can certainly call the police in the event that something like that happens. Depending on how far out you are, it could take some time for First Responders to make it to your location.

Is your access road clearly labeled and identified from the street? Do you have reflective signs with your address and other identifying markers to make it easy for them to find you? Have they been to your place before and know you by voice/name?

As for the Second Amendment, it was instilled by the Founding Fathers to insure that our government never gets so powerful that they can invoke a Law of the Land like is done in other countries around the globe. Take China's little visit to Tibet for example.

8. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Like, wow, I didn't think of that. It may take some time for the fuzz to get to me.

Yeah, that China-Tibet thing. Free Tibet! Richard Gere!!

Okay, but like, why do you guys need those hi number clip thingys? Isn't, like, 6 rounds enough? Like, that's what cowboys had...

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Well the reason that some folks purchase 'clips' that hold extra ammo is because they can and there is a market for it. 'Clips' is somewhat of a movie/TV term. Those in the know refer to them as magazines. Magazines are used to hold ammunition. Either term will inform most people what you are talking about, but using the term Magazine is more in line with using proper pronunciation and the like.

I would assume that your current mode of transportation is not currently a horse, would that be correct? Well, the cowboys had horses as well, but I am going to assume you don't have one.

The automobile came along, much like some of your friend's tie-dyed Volkswagon microbus, as did the bicycle, the train and public transportation to make life easier and give people options in their travels that did not involve saddling up every morning.

10. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Jerry Brown? So what's the deal with my taxes going up?

11. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Okay, like wow, I'll give you the horse analogy.

But like, why barrel shrouds? I mean, if you shoot your shotgun so much that it gets that hot, your shoulder would like, fall off.

I guess my question is, why military style guns?

12. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Like, hey man, lazy people gotta eat too, ya know?

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I am unsure of what your question is concerning a barrel shroud, though I have seen an impressive video explaining what it's for. :rolleyes:

I didn't know there were military "style" guns Mooner, can you provide some examples?

Because I am pretty sure Jeep, which we all know as a large, American, car selling corporation sells models that are based on their initial offering to the military during war times. As such is the marketing brand of Jeep a "military style" vehicle?

The military used to issue crackers and peanut butter in their soldier's field packs. Easy to pack protein. I believe they actually were called "John Wayne Crackers" at some point during Korea and/or Vietnam. Are crackers and peanut butter 'military style'? How about John Wayne?

14. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

You know, all those guys on the news, with those automatic weapons. Like, why do you need that?

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Well the "guys on the news" are probably criminals. By definition they have what I assume are illegal firearms, so if they are truly "automatic weapons" and the reporter isn't a complete retard, they have come by them illegally and against the laws of the land.

Having said that there is no reason I should be restricted from owning any of the weapons that are available to my military, as the Founding Fathers thought so highly of as to write it into the Bill of Rights, provided I am a law abiding citizen.

The speed limit of your area, what is it? I am not familiar with Penn., so I am unsure of what your intrastate travel rate of speed is limited to by the police in your area.

16. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

You know, those guns that fire really fast. And alot.:eek:

17. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

This sums up about the best answer i can give

2A and firearms are for you to be able to defend you and yours. Now if you don't feel up to the challenge or feel it is unnecessary to do so that's fine. But please don't beholden me with your ideals.

Thanks and god bless ;)

18. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

Duuuuude, wsup? Man, glad you dropped in.

19. freefall

freefall New Member

I hate guns too. I spend waayy to much money on them and ammo and ancillary supplies.

20. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Then you won't mind my kicking your candy ass down the street! I'd wager that after the second or third punch to the face or kick to the abdomen, you'd be ready to go to War with me Peace Boy!!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011