I had to draw my firearm today.

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Kamauhotep, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamauhotep

Kamauhotep New Member

I never thought I would be in this situation. I was at a gas station tonight when someone attempted to rob the place. I was coming out of the restroom when I heard someone screaming "Hurry up! Give me all of it." I peeked around the corner and saw a BG holding a pistol at the clerk. I quietly walked closer and drew my firearm and told him not to move. He hesitated for a while and just ran out of the store. It was a scary moment but I was glad to stop a crime and possible murder. I'm not sure why he ran but im thankful he did.

Guns don't kill people, bullets do.

2. Kamauhotep

Kamauhotep New Member

The clerk called the police and while we waited, he let me fill up for free. He was grateful. He said this was the third attempt in the last two months. He said he's getting a gun now.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

At least he did run and didn't force you to shoot. And ok glad you didn't fire while he was trying to get away.

4. Kamauhotep

Kamauhotep New Member

Exactly. I never want to shoot unless I'm forced to. I wouldn't be typing this post if I had done that.

5. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Its always a good thing when things like this work out this way. My fiancees a night manager at a gas station. Before she started working there they had been robbed 6 times in two months. Second night there she was just a cashier and the same guy tried to rob them. She stuck my s&w defender pocket 45 in his face and told him only an idiot brings a knife to a gun fight. After that they made her a night manager to replace the one she was working w that night. That manager boy friend turned out to be the perp. Now she carries a sig 226 chambered in 357 sig in a tactical holster across the small of her back. They have had two attempted robberies w her on shift. One i happened to catch the guy w my truck door as he ran out. She told me to grab him so i bopped him w a 2x2 then tied him to my reese hitch. Since then no one has robbed her store at night.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

6. Kamauhotep

Kamauhotep New Member

Wow. She was ready for him. That's what I like to hear. It's so good no one was hurt or worse.

7. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Me laying the 2x2 up side the guys head made him get 5 stitches and the door on my old ford made him have 2 brokin ribs;) but yes she was prepared for him and it took me alot of work to get her to that point. Now-a year and a half later-shell shoot you ALMOST as fast as i will if you are threatening me or mine.

8. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Kudos to you.

9. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

Job well done. You did exactly the right thing, in my opinion. Again, this points out something that the anti-gunners won't even acknowledge. The vast majority of situations where a gun is used in self defense or stopping a crime, no shots are ever fired. Just the presence of the gun puts an end to the situation.

10. Kamauhotep

Kamauhotep New Member

Exactly. They don't want to acknowledge these cases.

11. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

Great job, and good for you, its nice to hear someone stepping up and being "proactive" that clerk and there family thank you ! Nice Job Sir !!!!!

12. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

You should've pistol whipped him and made him clean up his own blood while he waited for the cops. Then u would've made the news too. Just playin man. Good job.

13. jmeekhof

jmeekhof New Member

I don't know about where you live, but in Michigan you would be in a pile of trouble if the perp shot the clerk because you intervened. What if he freaked out and "accidentally" shot the clerk when he heard you, because you startled him? I don't know if I would have done anything. He would have likely left on his own once he had the cash.

14. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Id much rather be in trouble than have to look his family in the eye and tell them their husband/daddy might be alive if i had stepped in.

15. CountryBoyShooter

CountryBoyShooter New Member

Well I watch my local news which is out of killadelphia (philly to some) and I see many cases where they take the cash and still shoot before leaving.

Good job and hey free gas.

16. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Guns dont kill people neither do the bullets people kill people

17. unclebear

unclebear New Member

good job glad no one was hurt, although I wouldn't have been to sad if the clerk nailed the guy in the back of the head with a bat.

18. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Great job! I am so glad that everything turned out ok in the situation.

19. Jon12312

Jon12312 New Member

Great job sir! Your town is lucky to have you. If not for what you did, a man could have been killed. You also did something that most people dont/wouldnt want to get involved in and unfourtunitly that is why people get killed. But that guy gets to go home to his family at the end of his shift thanks to you.

20. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

So attempting to stop a violent felony in progress, is a bad thing in Michigan? Does that same logic apply to police pulling someone over? "Don't light them up, they may freak out and drive into a van full of nuns." And it would be the LEO's fault? You're assuming that Mr. Perp wasn't going to deliberately shoot the clerk for S&Gs, as he left. It's not like thats a terribly uncommon occurrence these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.