I guess my SIG 1911 Carry HAS to go kydex

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by DodgerBlue, Mar 5, 2012.

1. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

In the (partial) words of Strother Martin as the Captain, "I don't like it any more than you men".

I have not been able to find good leather for my SIG Nitron Carry (Commander)

I have seen website after website selling holsters. Trouble is, most of them can't deliver. I went to Falco Holsters. Nice holsters and nice price. No phone number and no response to e-mail. Bulman Leather awesome holster, not taking orders. And the list goes on and on. 1 year waiting list, 5 month waiting list, all kinds of b.s.

All i see is like crossbreed and the like. But still, thats kydex. Is Uncle Mike's the only holster friend my 900.00 dollar investment has?

Somebody, please point me to a IWB holster with only 1 thing I ask! I don't have to wait for SSN to kick in 25 years from now to get it.

2. fireguy

fireguy New Member

What specific model # and barrel length is your Sig? I'm excercising my google-Fu.

3. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

i have been googling all week. SIG Nitron Carry 4.5

4. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Dodger talk to my guy Brandon at ssholsters.com. email him and tell him Josh from the FTF forum and the GFFA/GOFFA sent you. Lead time 2-6 weeks probably. He made one for my Stx

Attached Files:

5. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Im on it Josh! Thanks brother!

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Thats a nice holster bro, looks well made.

7. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

fireguy, thanks, I have always looked at Falco. Just as I was gonna order one, maybe 2-3 weeks ago I decided to click their Facebook link.

There's a bunch of people who have heard no response or even gotten a e-mail after payment was sent. I think they're going out of business or are already out.

8. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Josh, e-mail sent bro! Hope the one I might get looks just as nice as yours!

rbmorris, thanks for the link. Ill use them maybe for my Beretta PX4sc .40 s&w

9. losack

losack New Member

When I purchased a holster for my C3 my shooting instructor warned me to be wary of the Kydex holsters for the Sig 1911's. They have a slightly different profile than the Colts, Kimbers, etc.

Just a word for you. I think some Kydex is cool. I think the Mintaur comes to mind.

10. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

losack, how the heck you have 31 post and already a supporting member?? I am shamed! I will make the move to supporting member ASAP.

On a lighter note, love that c3. Glad you joined the SIG 1911 club

11. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Thanks man. He does great work. Milt Sparks style

12. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

I hope he gets back to ya! He's a busy guy!

13. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Dude, he hit me up and says 4 weeks. I can do that! I'm gonna call him back tomorrow and set it up. Thanks bro!

Also, he did mention a savings for GoFFA members!!

14. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Nice man. You'll love it!

15. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

16. BikerRN

BikerRN New Member

If you're going to copy Milt Sparks why not just call Milt Sparks?

http://www.miltsparks.com/

17. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

Take a look at this Galco: http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=3757&GunID=38

It is all leather, they build a great quality product and your 1911 Carry Nitro will fit, yes I know it says it is for a Colt. Notice that the pistol in the picture is a Kimber. If in doubt call them, they have a responsive customer service department.

I have had several of their holsters over the years for different handguns, all well made and comfortable. JMHO

18. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

I'm going with the "small guy" sparks caters to "colt guy"

The guy Josh recommended is pro SIG and just a cool dude trying to make a living. I'll give him my business.

Spoke to the owner of ssholster over the phone and was a pleasant guy and down to earth. Kind of guy I want to support.