I guess it just is not my day. Rant

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bobbyb13, Jan 25, 2009.

1. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Heard this a Wal-Mart. Woman "Nobody wants those guns (AR, AK, FAL, ect) except the skinheads, rednecks, and fat slops trying to prove their manhood" Their only use is to kill innocent people. I stated not to well, if not for a lot of those people you named had not laid down their lives using their killer weapons, you would not be standing here in Wally world *****ing. I walked off, forgot what I was there for and went home. Think I'll just stay here with the dogs and chill out. Yeah I'm a old fat redneck, but I didn't run, in 68 when I got Uncle's greeting. Rant over.

2. Chester

Chester New Member

Maybe you caused her to think about the freedom she enjoys. GOOD JOB.

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I heard this one while at a local drug store. "Maybe it's good to have a gun ban in the cities. Look how much violence is there."

I looked over and said, "Yea, ban guns in the cities. That way only the criminals will have guns."

She said, "Well, I guess they (the criminals) can get them anywhere."

I decided to take that as an education rather than anything else. Keep in mind that I live in the middle of just about no place. ;)

4. Musket

Musket New Member

You have more self control than I do :D

That being said--thank you for serving. This citizen appreciates you....

5. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Those people are great. It wouldn't be so bad if they had an intelligent argument. I would be willing to listen (but not agree) with a person who built their argument on facts and research. But I have seen a lot of gun owners that are in the same class unfortunately.
    Dont let it bother ya, they will never know or appreciate your service. They will never understand what it is like to give something back or have a love for this great Country of ours.

6. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

As much as I hate to say it, he probably didn't make her think about anything. The antis don't seem to see anything with common sence, even when it's proven to them. When it is proven to them, they write it of as some kind of conspiracy to cover up the truth. I also would have said something to her as I take every opportunity to "flame" the antis.

The steriotypes really baffle me from time to time. On a lighter note, I was once told by a steriotype that since I drive a truck, I'm a redneck. I may be a redneck but it's not because I drive a truck. I may own an AR and an SKS but that also doesn't make me or you or anyone else a redneck, skinhead, or fat slob.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I've tried my best - I have actually taken some Hard Core Seattle Dems to the range a time or two, but let's face it:

The LEFT is COMPLETELY off their rocker with the thought that banning guns will lead to a safer, more stable, more kind and "good begets good" society. :mad:

You, on the Left, feel free to go pound sand...:mad:

I'm John Dillinger and I approved this message.

JD

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Here's a thought, let's have the leftys bed and breakfast the Gitmo detainees when Nobama shuts down the Tango Hotel. Pelosi could serve them brunch and talk of coexistence, Frank could tuck them in bed every night, Murtha can introduce them to his redneck constituents, Schumer could smile at them, Teddy could faint for them, Dodd can advise them financially, I’m getting tired of typing, you get the idea.

9. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

You misspelled "suck" in that line about Bowney Fwank.

10. Chester

Chester New Member

That's funny.

11. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

It really pisses me off when I hear buttwipes spray their vast ignorance in public, like that lady did. And the really sad part is, these ignorant fuks breed...

12. bkt

bkt New Member

That's nails the problem perfectly.

The irony is these same folks who would like to see a near-total ban of firearms are evidently ignorant to the outcome. Look at the U.K. where firearms and even knives are banned: their crime rate is higher than that of the United States and has been since late 2005. Violent crime in Australia and Canada, also where most firearms are banned or at least very strictly controlled, are seeing dramatic increases in violent crimes involving firearms.

Maybe these lefties have a streak of autism where they believe everyone is basically the same as they are and they can't see anything from someone else's point of view. Some people will do whatever they want to get what they want, even if that means using weapons while engaging in criminal acts. That very unfortunate characteristic of human nature has always been with us and it looks like it will always be with us. To deny the good people of society a means to defend themselves from those others does not reduce crime, it encourages it.

13. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Instead of comparing countries, we can compare our own states. Vermont has practically no gun laws, and the government "can't explain" why crime rates are so low. Its because everyone knows that the majority of the population has a gun. Criminals actually think twice about committing crimes.

14. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Oddly, I never see rednecks or skinheads in the news for killing innocent people with assault weapons.

I see gangbangers and skinny public school students, perhaps, but I guess I could be missing something.

As for the proof of manhood issue, I've got the perfect way to dispel that, and all it requires is candles and a Luther Vandross CD.

15. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Good thing you didn't say "Lou Rawls"! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI1go72c5H8&feature=PlayList&p=2413E0D8169DC08E&playnext=1&index=4]YouTube - Lou Rawls Colonoscopy Exam in English[/ame]

16. bkt

bkt New Member

I really can't figure out Vermont. It has the most lax gun laws in the country, but it's filled with hippie commie types (no offense to any Vermonters here). I get to Vermont several times a year and I usually visit Bennington and get up to Burlington and various spots in between, but I have yet to see a gun store. Where are they?!

Anyway, here in New York, our gun laws are very strict and we enjoy some of the highest crime rates in the country.

17. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Hey jerk, my wife is from VT:p Yes there are a lot of hippies, but there's also a ton of people who hunt. Every single relative on my wifes side has a firearm. They actually prompted me to get into firearms.
    Do you go hunting in VT? If so, where abouts exactly? You can PM me. I'm sure there are plenty of gun stores in VT. My brother-in-law gets all his guns second hand from friends, but I'll ask him where the good gun shops are if you want.

18. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 Active Member

I'm with you bob!

Just a couple of differences=I'm an old SKINNY Red Neck, that missed the Lottery, at the end of the experiment in SE Asia. What frosts me is that people like her, if she can think that far, think that the 2ND Ammend. is about HUNTING guns= It's not :confused::confused: it's about the CURRENT type of weapons needed to avoid Govt. overthrow--AK's,AR-15,Mini-14's, Sniper rifles, etc. I'll bet you that she wants to be buddies with you when the Zombies are at her front door!!:eek::eek:

19. sinzitu

sinzitu New Member

X1000

Hopefully you made here think. Though given the state of things now and possibl to come... not likely. :(

20. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You say "S" but I misspelled "F"

[​IMG]