Firearms Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been pining for one of these ever since I got my '75 B. My brother and I hit six gun shops today, and the trip was disappointing until the last one. The shop had this piece with the safety and no de-cocker which was what I wanted, and was willing to work with me to come to a price we were both happy with. (unusual these days, but greenbacks still do the trick). As far as I am concerned, it is a lot of gun in a small package. It came with ten and fourteen round magazines. I think I would carry it with the 10 rounder. CZ stopped making these late last year and I wanted one before the stock ran out. There seems to be a lot of speculation from the fans of these guns as to why CZ killed what seemed to be a hot seller. t may just be that it does not have enough plastic in it. It has a little weight, but I don't mind that for the recoil benefits.

It has been raining so I stepped on the back porch and shot a magazine for a function test, and It felt just like the 75B. I think that I am going to really like it. Tomorrow I plan to air it out. Now I will have to decide whether to leave the good Novak night sights on it, or buy a set of the great Tru-glo sights. I am going to think about it for a while.

The finish on the gun does not photograph well, it is not really a parkerized looking gray, but a nice nitrile black.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Nice choice.

Toyed with a 2075 RAMI a year ago. But old injuries and new-CZ-itis (tightness) meant I had a devil of a time operating the controls effectively. Of course, many new CZ's tend to be tight.

Beautiful little gun, though. Have fired them before. Great balance, for as small as they are. Big, fat controls that are easy to reach. A little chunky, but good capacity and thin enough to disappear along the hip in a holster.

I'm a sucker for a good CZ. Hard not to like them.

CZ 75's
CZ P-01
CZ 75 D PCR
Basically, any of the all-metal CZ's

Good stuff. Heavier than the new composite guns, to be sure, but they are sweet shooters and tend to be reliable as anything out there.

If you think it's a bummer checking out CZ's at your local shop, then CZ Custom would be "deadly" fun to you: CZ Custom, Mesa AZ.

·
Premium Member
5,570 Posts
Oh I like that. Think I'll carry my CZ82 tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
12,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally dug out some precious 9MM from the secret stash and aired out the RAMI. All as I can say is that there is nothing not to like about the pistol. I take that back, there is one thing, I wanted to put some of the Truglo TFX Pro sights on it, and they don't make them. The rear is the same as for the '75, but the front is a different cut....I will just learn to be happy with the Novak sights that came with it. The only thing it needed was to drift the rear sight a smidge and I can shoot it as good as it's big brother, the 75B. I am puzzled about why CZ decided to drop the pistol from their offerings, unless the market for small 9MMs is just saturated. I am glad I got this one before the inventories disappear.

Reactions: towboater

·
Premium Member
12,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stay outta gun shops...lmao..Sure
You are probably right PeeJay, I will stay out only when I am confined to a casket. Right before I was reading your post, I was trying to figure out if I was going to drive 25 miles to a shop that has a CZ 52, that I could buy for $325.00, and bring it home with me, or not.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts