I got my Glock 27

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by IvanKaz, Mar 17, 2014.

1. IvanKaz

IvanKaz Member

I just picked it up from my lgs today. It's a gen 4. I'm using the medium size back strap and its feels perfect I'm my hand. I can't wait to try it out at the range tomorrow. It fits in the same holster as my Shield. I tried wearing it for a short while and was surprised at how comfortable it is to carry. Looking at it in the mirror it appears to conceal very well. If after carrying it for a while it still feels as comfortable, I might just sell my Shield.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Firearms Talk mobile app

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I think you'll like it! I have a Gen3 which should be about the same grip size as a Gen4 with the medium backstrap. I did go with Pearce +1 magazine bases to add one round and get my pinky on the grip.

3. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats, pics or it didn't happen ;)

4. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

great ccw you really cant go wrong with:)

5. IvanKaz

IvanKaz Member

Here she is.

Attached Files:

6. IvanKaz

IvanKaz Member

I had it at the range today and so far I love it. Controlling it was much easier than I expected. Even with the short grip it felt great in my hand.

7. audiophile

audiophile New Member

Congrats, love the 27. My dad has one and it is next on my list. I will however, get the Gen3. My hands just don't like the texture of the Gen4.
    Be safe and happy shooting!

8. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Do you find it more accurate than the Shield? How about easier to carry or conceal than the Shield?

9. audiophile

audiophile New Member

Don't know about accuracy but I have held them side by side. Almost identical in size with the shield being slight heavier. So concealment should be about the same.

10. IvanKaz

IvanKaz Member

It is almost identical as far as accuracy.
    It's as easy to carry but not quite as easy to conceal since it's about a quarter of an inch thicker than the Shield. I'm able to easily cover it with a t-shirt, as long as it's not tight fitting.

11. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Cool, thanks, Ivan! Important to know about accuracy in cases of a carry gun. ;)

12. therukh

therukh New Member

Congrats on your new G27! I had a Gen 3 and it shot to the point of aim. Later I sold it (mistake) after winning a G26 Gen 3 and had to get rid of the G26 because it shot so far to the left that I couldn't drift the sight far enough to correct it.