i got money for a .22 rifle. HELP!!!

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by theprophetofpwn, Mar 4, 2013.

1. theprophetofpwn

theprophetofpwn New Member

I want either a M&P 15/22 or a takedown 10/22 ruger.

For an SHTF SITUATION.

2. SquirrelMurder

SquirrelMurder New Member

M&P15-22 allows for more parts, although the 10/22 has alot as well. I personally am saving money for the 15-22 to buy. Ive heard nothing but good reviews. I own a 10/22 on the otherhand and can testify that it is reliable, accurate and most of all, fun.

Really it depends on what you want, do you want to upgrade a pure rifle, or an AR style?

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Strictly up to personal preference, yours.

4. mrt8110

mrt8110 New Member

Buy the M&P :) CLIFF

5. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Both are good. Doesn't make much difference because there's no ammo.

6. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

FWIW...

My m&p 15 is my coolest .22 to look at...
    The Golden Boy is my coolest to shoot....
    My old Savage .22/20ga with shell storage in the stock is the most rugged and versatile....

7. RUG3R44

RUG3R44 New Member

Both rifles are excellent. There is no wrong answer here.

8. RUG3R44

RUG3R44 New Member

I hope you have some .22lr ammo. If not ....................

9. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Tell them you would like to buy the rifle but you need ammo. How much ammo can you sell me if I buy the rifle and at what price? A lot of stores are holding back ammo for gun buyers.

10. thecollecter

thecollecter New Member

Ruger 10-22 is a gun that you can completely built on your own the gun is so simple and easy to get new part like mags extractors mag releases etc

11. langenc

langenc New Member

Why spend good money on any product and then throw most of it away??

12. hmh

hmh New Member

Thats funny but true. And I am a big 10/22 fan. I would go with the 10/22 takedown.

13. semperfi666

semperfi666 New Member

M&P 15 22 it's a awesome gun and its totally customizable

14. theprophetofpwn

theprophetofpwn New Member

I think the ruger then Customize it the way i want it to.....

15. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

Buy whatever you want. I think you'll find you can never have to many 22 rifles on hand. I have (er my wife has) the pink tiger stripe camo 15-22, and I have an old Remington 514 along with a Norinco ATD (which is a browning SA22 knock off) and I have the dedicated .22lr upper for my AR. It's good to have a few redundancies in your plan.

16. dubkay17

dubkay17 New Member

I have a Ruger 10/22 with an ATI stock and absolutely love it. The stock is foldable and has a quad rail if you want to add attachments. The quad rail is all aluminum no plastic so its very durable. Its been a very accurate gun super reliable and most of all fun.

17. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I really like my Take Down. Changed the sights on it though.

18. SouthernMan

SouthernMan New Member

I was looking at the same two and talked to someone who had both. He recommended the 15-22 but said cant go wrong with either. I found kygunco had moe in stock at the same price buds was selling the basic one. So I bought it and then learned they are running 3 weeks behind for shipping, hopefully it will be here inside two more weeks. I plan to buy a 10/22 in the future when they are available locally for < 200 again. I only have about 1200 rounds at the moment so I cant shoot as much as I would like to anyway.

19. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

Well the 15-22 is tacticool out of the box and is really reliable but 25rd mags are probably a PITA to find now but you can still find ten rounders for 10/22's. If you dont want to draw attention to yourself and you plan on bugging out, get the take down. If you plan on bugging in and want an already tacticool rifle get the m&p