Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
FAA licensed bugsmasher
7,141 Posts
Well... at least if you're in Nevada you can release it into the wild when you're tired of it because it's 14 feet long and it won't become a nuisance species.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Ball pythons rarely reach 7'.
Are you feeding it live or frozen/thawed pinkies? UV lights are very important they need them for digestion etc.
I had a 3' ball a 7' boa (she was kinda a bi#%h) and a 15' burmese.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I'm not sure I'd care for a snake as a pet. When I was a kid I'd catch snakes & play with them for a few days, but then I'd let them go because I'd get tired of them. My mother didn't like me bringing them inside because she was afraid of them & one time I let one get loose & couldn't find him. She found him one day, when I was at school. Since that time, no snakes in the house! :)

A buddy gave me a couple of baby snakes one time & I had them a couple of days until I found out they were copper heads.:( You know, those little stinkers don't look anything like their mama or papa!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Baby copperheads ??? Might make a decent stew...

A drop dead gorgeous girl I knew was single and I couldn't understand why; then a friend told me she had over 30 snakes living w her.

Still thought about it though !

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Piss on a snake,i dont even like looking at them,let alone own one.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha. Thanks for all the laughs. I love all animals even the nasty ones. We all are here just trying to survive. My son was bit by a rattlesnake a few years back. Almost killed him.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Living in a rural area, I appreciate the fact that the snakes seem to have kept the rat/mouse population under control. Had a cotton mouth, unknown to me, living in my shop for a while & never had a rat problem. When I discovered him & carried him down to the woods, found the skeleton of a rat under the crate which he'd called home. Now, I wished I'd left him there as the rats have started making nests in the drawers with my tools! With traps & poison, I may have gotten rid of the because haven't seen signs just lately, but would have been easier to just let the snake do it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Haha. Thanks for all the laughs. I love all animals even the nasty ones. We all are here just trying to survive. My son was bit by a rattlesnake a few years back. Almost killed him.
Your son or the snake?:D

I hope he didn't have any long term issues. Snake bites can be nasty.l

·
Banned
14,919 Posts
I love snakes but would never keep one as a pet (let alone name one Courtney, but I digress) I do everything I can to help them prosper. One bittersweet moment a few months ago I saw a large gopher snake in the road and I waited until it had moved off, but about 20 minutes later the resident hawk had picked it up and was flying off with it. I love the hawks and the snakes. Sometimes they come up against each other.

Caught a California King snake the other day and brought it home. Hope he doesn't become hawk food.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts