I got a pistol as a gift!!!

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by RetiredLEO, Oct 1, 2010.

1. RetiredLEO

RetiredLEO New Member

A few weeks ago I started looking at some small autos in .380 ACP. I even asked you guys for sugestions; here is my original post:

After all of the recommendations I tried to scout ranges that had all of the guns. I found
    one range that had a Bersa 380 (I figured it was clost to the walther ppk that I was
    going to find to test) and a Sig 238. And I found a different range that had the Kel-tec 32.
    After I shot them all I really liked the Bersa the best. It was easy to shoot and very accurate.
    I told my son that this was the one I was going to buy.

Well, he surprised me yesterday with this:

No SN 16     .380 ACP Bersa Thunder 1.jpg
    No SN 17     .380 ACP Bersa Thunder 2.jpg

I may be a former Police officer but I am a woman and like my guns to be pretty (my son knows
    that) I have a pink Sig and my S&W m36 has pink hogue grips. He said that when he saw this,
    he knew it was for me. This gun is great. It is a little larger than what I was looking for but the
    extra weight was appreciated. The weapon hurt alot less than the other small polymer models I
    tested. Again thanks for the help everyone. :)

Here are some groups at 25 yards:

Grouping 26    .380 ACP Bersa Thunder.jpg
    Grouping 27    .380 ACP Bersa Thunder.jpg

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  2. junho806

junho806 New Member

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's wonderful and very sweet of your son. I think you'll really like the Bersa.

Be careful with which cleaners you use. The finish on the slide is a bit delicate. I cleaned mine with Gun Scrubber and it softened the finish and even removed a little bit. This is just something that's part of owning a Bersa, the finish isn't quite as durable as some other manufacturers. Hoppe's and the regular cleaners should be fine.

However, it's a great pistol and should be a good shooter for you. They give a lot of quality and dependability for the money.

4. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

That is a beautiful pistol! You did some awesome shooting too!!:D

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

LEO, I sent you a PM.

6. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Gotta love those kids!

I have the same Bersa (minus the bling) and really like it. Great little shooter.

7. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

Nice pistol it should be a great shooter about the size of the Walther PPK/s. Nice size and weight.

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have the same gun. But mine is all black. It is really reliable. Great shooter. Enjoy.

9. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Great shooting and Pretty gun too.

I was just thinking of how many rounds went through that one ragged hole.

10. RetiredLEO

RetiredLEO New Member

Thank's love the gold accents.. Great little shooter and easy carry.

11. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

LEO,

There's nothing wrong with pink guns, or pretty guns. I have an AR with pink furniture, pink handcuffs (the ones I carry on duty and the ones for play), and 2 pink blue tooths that I do wear on duty. I prefer SS guns because I absolutely hate holster wear. Liking pretty things and being a LEO, or even a retired LEO, are not mutually exclusive. ;)

By the way, good shooting girl!