I got a new shotgun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by mosin762, Jan 8, 2014.

1. mosin762

mosin762 New Member

[​IMG]

i got a new beretta a300 12 gauge for my birthday this year. i haven't had a chance to try it out yet because of the blizzard going through the midwest. i'm about ready to just get some 12 gauge dragons breath and get a job clearing out driveways. anyway's, can i shoot 2 3/4" remington sluggers out of it? i'm trying to prove to my dad that it is safe to shoot slugs out of a "buckshot" barrel. by buckshot barrel, i don't mean the little 18" HD barrels, i mean every smoothbore barrel in existence. my dad thinks every shotshell is either buckshot or slugs. before this turns into a rant... can a shotgun that is built to be a waterfowl gun (magplug pre-installed) handle a 1 ounce rifled slug? the gun came with 3 chokes: IC, M, and F.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Yes you can shoot slugs in your smooth bore, use either the I.C. or modified choke tube.

Enjoy.

3. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Yes !..............

4. cgersty

cgersty New Member

As long as you use foster style rifled slugs, yes the sluggers are, no sabots, and modified choke, you will be fine

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

5. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

The "rifling" or fins on a rifled(foster) slug are put there specifically so they can compress and let a slug safely fit and pass through a choke.

6. phildenton

phildenton New Member

any choke, including full. i shoot rifled slugs out out of a full choke just fine.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014