I got a new 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Franciscomv, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

It had taken me a while to save up for my first 1911 (a Colt 1991A1), which was stolen before I could put more than 50 rounds through it! Last week I got an extra part time job with a decent pay, and decided to get a Para 14-45 (stainless).

Paid $1800 for it, which is roughly 3.7 months worth of rent for a two bedroom apartment in the nicest neighbourhood in the city. :eek: I need to move to a country with better gun prices.

I really like how it feels in my hand, I thought the grip was going to feel too thick but it's perfect for my paws. And 14+1 rounds of .45acp makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I still have to wait between a week and ten days to take it home due to our crappy gun laws. I'll post some pics as soon as I get it.

I've got a question, do regular 1911 parts fit Paras? I'd like to get rid of all the plastic parts.

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Congratulations on the buy.

We have the same cool down waiting period here in California, and I know how hard it is to be patient.

Get us a report when you can

Jo

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Excellent. Please let us know how you like it and post a range report. :cool:

4. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Congrats on the purchase.

We are all waiting (impatiently) for the pictures of your new toy.

5. user4

user4 New Member

I WISH my hands could handle the double stack. These dainty things are stuck with the regular 1911

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Congrats on the purchase Francisco - Looking forward to your pictures and range report....

As for the parts question, obviously the frame is larger, due to the double stack need, so some of the parts are a bit different as you would expect.

What are you looking at trading out??

I know that several of the internals on the lower end Para's ( and other 1911 production guns ) use MIM parts from BUL out of Israel.

There is nothing wrong with that, but for a gun I am going to rely upon, I want steel, and a lot of it....

JD

7. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I want to get rid of all the plastic stuff: trigger, main spring housing and magazine release.

I'm no expert on 1911 internals, so I'm open to suggestions ("steel, and a lot of it" is exactly what I want).