I found something

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Flat Tire, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

So my mother passed some time ago, she was 90 and had lived a full life, the body just got wore out. Since she passed I have been dealing with what she had as far as possessions and yesterday I found a box with all the newspapers from Presidents Kennedys death. These newspapers are all dated Nov 22nd and Nov 23rd 1963. She must have made my father cut two pieces of 1/4" plywood to sandwich the papers. They are in perfect condition.

What do I do with them ?????

2. racer_x

racer_x New Member

I would put them right back the way they were and stash em.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I don't think they are of any significant value as I believe there are many such saved newspapers about Kennedy's death. I would just continue to save them.

4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Look up their value. They may not be worth much though. I've seen WWII newspapers go decently cheap. Personally, I'd keep them for their historical value.

5. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

You would need the entire newspaper for any value. Do with them what you want.

6. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

It is the entire newspaper, The New York Times, the LA Times and from some place called Texas.

7. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

If you have the entire newspaper they may be worth something. Try a coin collecter. If they don't collect them they will know who might. You can maybe get an idea of value and try to put them on e-bay.

What is this Texas place you type of?

Good luck.

8. ultimate-soldier5

ultimate-soldier5 New Member

i would keep em, im a history nerd though

9. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

Dallas.....

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

depends on the paper itself. some are collected others arent. rarity AND desirability are the keys.

11. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

I would donate them in her name to the Kennedy Library.