"I fought for you"

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by WebleyFosbery38, Mar 6, 2014.

1. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

If this doesnt bring a tear to your eye, your dead!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgYLr_LfhLo[/ame]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

But many of the universities today teach the young Americans that we (veterans) were the bad guys.:mad::mad:

3. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

That's why ROTC had to be removed from colleges - too likely you'll get a rational opposing point of view. Can't allow the young adults of America to possibly make up their own minds after being given all the facts...they might not become liberal and vote Democrat!

4. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Yeah, I cried. "I fought for you and I'd do it again." Damn. After what he had been through..........he'd do it again? That says a lot.

I don't know any schools that teach our military are "the bad guys". Around these parts, the military is very revered. Locutus, where do you get your information that some universities teach the military is the bad guy?

Also, as an aside and for my own knowledge, I thought those that never served in the military are not supposed to salute. I thought that was reserved solely for those who have served. Whenever I am at a parade or ceremony where military pass by me, I call out a thank you to them. Particularly the Vietnam era men and women. and then I wipe a tear or two. I would like to salute them but I thought that would be wrong since I never was in the military. Can anyone educate me on this?

6. grandpubba

grandpubba Member

I must be dead...

I'm not a supporting member of this site so i have to watch what i say so this thread isn't moved.

It isn't that i don't care about our vets,I go out of my way in defence and support of them.

Regardless of good or bad I'm not a fan of "emotional advertisement"

7. webyguncheck

webyguncheck New Member

If you have never served then saluting is replaced by the had over the heart. Also military personnel are not supposed to salute outside of uniform they are also supposed to place their had over there heart. As far as the old veterans they can do what they want in my opinion.

8. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Thanks for posting .
    we all need a reminder why we're not speaking a different language.

Thanks to all who have served!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One
    Big
    Mistake
    America

9. R1D2

R1D2 New Member

Couldn't see the video on my phone. I would have fought in Iraq, but my platoon SGT who I'll call Lopez, had other ideas...

10. winds-of-change

The rules in my world say anyone who served can salute........in or out of uniform. LOL I will remember for me it's hand over heart. All military are my heroes but particularly the Vietnam Vets.

11. WebleyFosbery38

Traditionally, members of the nation's veterans service organizations have rendered the hand-salute during the national anthem and at events involving the national flag only while wearing their organization's official head-gear. The National Defense Authorization Act of 2008 contained an amendment to allow un-uniformed service-members, military retirees, and veterans to render a hand salute during the hoisting, lowering, or passing of the U.S. flag. A later amendment further authorized hand-salutes during the national anthem by veterans.

An official salute has rules, yes. But it is a method of presenting due respect that when done by others can have the same effect. Hand over heart is for presenting non military honors to the Standard (US Flag).

It may have been schleppy but I liked it allot, Words will be written about them when they are gone, better said while they are alive.

"This we will defend" and "Why we fight" are so forgotten by so many that may never even know why the American Service Member serves their nation for the equivalent of a little more than minimum wage with a possible cost of their very lives.

12. winds-of-change

So are you saying even I can use a salute as a sign of respect?

13. WebleyFosbery38

Oddly, ive worked in a Liberal arts university for almost 20 years and been told by some of my leaders that My "Militaristic" mannerisms are problematic and have limited my growth here. Pisses me off to no end...

14. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Yes , we are the blame for the corrupt purpose of the politicians and 1% er,s !
    The sins of the one as it goes.!

All we did was follow orders . Many heroes out there or gone .

15. locutus

National Defense Authorization Act of 2008.

Honorably discharged veterans and military personnel in civilian clothing will render a salute.

That act changed the hand over heart rule for active duty and honorably discharged vets.

16. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

I'd like to know what schools you're talking about lol. When is the last time you both attended college?

17. locutus

Watch the talk shows, especially on far left networks like CNN and MSNBC.

You'll see professors from prestigious universities calling our troops baby killers, torturers, etc. So-called "documentaries" on VN will have news anchors and college professors doing the same.

18. WebleyFosbery38

You "can", just not by law. If you do it courteously with respect, no veteran I know will ever object. It is just a presentation of Due Respect, if they dont return it, is not an offense on you, your just not due a salute by tradition.

Funerals with an honor guard often salute the Widow and Military salute the President even though he has no uniform.

Im not sure about saluting the flag, that could be taken wrong by some (not me). Hand over the heart is the civilian way of honoring the flag.

19. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

My mother remembers seeing an American soldier for the first time as a young child after Naples was liberated. One gave her a chocolate bar. My family was rescued from the absolute terror of the SS/Nazis. Yes, she remembers them too. There were very bad incidents. She also recalls images of burning jeeps. She learned the extremes of good and evil before the age of five.

20. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I call BS. Get me a link. Show me a video. (What's VN?)