I finally got an AK guys...and the koolaid is gooood

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by kryptar19, Feb 27, 2013.

1. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

I have been trading up here and there for a few months now, all with the intent to get an AK of some type. Well at a recent gun show I found one.

image-616352431.jpg

image-3955960209.jpg

Yugo M70AB2
    I gave $850 for this rifle, 2 mags, and 28rds of HP ammo. BUT!! It only cost me $625 out of pocket, because I've been trading up. I am very happy with this gun.

What do you guys think about the Yugo M70AB2 rifles??

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Good for you. Quite lucky if I may say so in light of today's greedy market.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations, that's an excellent price in today's market. Please get us a range report.

4. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

If things go well at work this week I will have a range report Friday.

5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Congrats...

I can't believe how much the price on these has jumped!

But I suppose if you gotta have it you gotta have it. ;)

I don't know that there's much difference from AK to AK, mine is a CAI import, looks identical to your sans the angled fore grip, and I paid 499.00 for it and 2 mags 4 or 5 years ago.

My only comment is the "trigger slap" which I hear can be eliminated with a replacement trigger but honestly, It's my SHTF gun so I don't shoot it enough to bother.

Tack

6. 1old0311

1old0311 New Member

The M70AB2's are GREAT guns. Here are 3 plus a WASR, and a Vector.

[​IMG]

7. FlGaline

FlGaline New Member

I have a chance to but a WASR AK for 800$ in mint condition is this a good deal in today s market haven't ever bought one or owned one.

8. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

OK GUYS.....range report

I was surprised by the total lack of recoil that this AK had. I've shot many AK rifles before, and this one kicked far less than any of them.

I am pretty insensitive to recoil, but this gun had very little than my AR.
    I LOVE IT!!!!!

I wish I had taken pictures of the targets, but I was so excited I forgot. I shot about a 1" group at 50yds with Tulammo HP's.
    It shoots a bit to the left so ill have to get a front sight tool to adjust it with. Anything else that works just as well??

9. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Aimpoint! Haha! Good range report and nice piece

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

In today's market, that's a going price. But in 6 months from now market, you may get it much cheaper. Then again, you may have to pay triple, it all depends on the political winds...